Print Page | Close Window

New operation

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Introduce yourself
Forum Description: New around here? Come on in and say HI!
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=562
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 3:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New operation
Posted By: OCC Boss
Subject: New operation
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:22pm

Hi Every one, great forum!! I just startyed 1 month ago and have got alot of helpfull hint, Keep up the good work!!!

-------------
H8 DIRT

Replies:
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:23pm
 What is the going rate for commercial/ and resturants?

-------------
H8 DIRT

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:35pm

Depends where you are and what kind of cleaning you want to provide. City or at least province please. This at least will get you some response to your question.

Superglide Ken

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:41pm
Woodstock, Ontario  150 KM from TO

-------------
H8 DIRT

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 8:19pm
Doug or Mr Steamer should have some insight on that. So should Ted.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 9:46pm
Hell we only have one resturant and it has a dirt floor in my one horse town.  Just ask Steamer.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 10:01pm
Thanks

-------------
H8 DIRT

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 10:15pm

I look at it this way... what are YOU worth.... If you know you can do a great job.. and depending on the size.... I'd start .20 cents starting at 1000 sq ft for just steam...add .12 cents if you have to rotor scrub it first..

anything over 4000 sq ft you could probally drop down to .18 cents... some people go as low as a penny but it's up to you...

I find in commercial guys under price .10cents is about average

Posted By: surroundings
Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 8:00am
Hey, OCC Boss, welcome to the forum.  Can't give you much advice about what your going rate should be though...

Allen

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 8:02pm

Mr Steamer, Where are you located?

-------------
H8 DIRT

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 9:13pm
Thanks anyways Surroundings. I have been charging .20 but wow, hard work. Residential is alot easier!

-------------
H8 DIRT

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 9:34pm
I'm in the GTA... but it doesn't matter... I price what I think I'm worth

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 10:36pm
Mr. Steamer: That pretty well narrows it down.  I am sure you directions were a big help.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by OCC Boss OCC Boss wrote:

What is the going rate for commercial/ and resturants?

The going rate is what you need to make a profit.  Commerical is not for everyone.  Especially resturants. Offices etc. are not so bad but resturants.  We don't do resturants because I am not loosing sleep for the sake of cleaning for nothing.  Usualy you can make as much cleaning a couple of livingrooms during the day for what you get for scrubbing your nads off all night in a resturant.  But everyone has to find their nitch.  It is nitch isn't it?  Not with a "B"Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:13pm

The best thing for restaurants is I can of gas and a match...

doug are you making fun of me....???

Posted By: surroundings
Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:44am
Doug: it's spelt 'niche.'  There's no 't' OR 'b' in it.  (Sorry... force of habit.)

I've quoted on perhaps 20 bistro/resturant type places.  I've had FOUR accept my prices.  The rest?  Rude, indifferent, or just plain not interested.  It has been worth it for the four though.... dropped my $4.50 per sq metre down to $3 per, but with them moving all tables & chairs I've still made my hourly aim.  These were not the best places.  Usually they were Mom & Pop places that were sick of bad jobs.  Usually they were in out of the way areas.

Good luck-

Allen

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 12:39pm
Have not done restuarants for years. We set the price so high on them that most go elsewhere. If we get one at the price we charge, we can smile doing it.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:17pm

Thanks for all your advise. I priced one the other day 2000 Sq feet @ .24 a foot, butr I know its going to be alot of work, but we have nothing but time now!!~

What about residential , I heard GTA was getting about .35, we might be able to get .22 -  .26 with a truck mount.

-------------
H8 DIRT

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 6:27pm

OCC Boss,

If you choose to get into commercial in any type of way you better become familiar with Bonnet or (OP) Oscillating Pad System. Most people will not pay to have large areas extract cleaned because of price. You could make more money at 10cents sq. ft. OP cleaning that 20cents sq. ft. extracting. Mainly because of less labour to pay. Search this forum and look into Bonnet or Pad Cleaning. It's what built the two largest carpet cleaning organizations. Most steam cleaners fight and knock this system. While others are going to the bank.

Keep an open mind.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 9:05pm
Thanks for the advice Ted. I got your e-mail the other day too about hose price etc.

-------------
H8 DIRT

Posted By: danmarck
Date Posted: 15/September/2004 at 1:11am
Ted, Could you send me some info on the OP system . This is completely
new to me.

-------------
Here to help you grow your business!

Date Posted: 15/September/2004 at 1:34am
Oscillating Pad is new to you, and you are in the USA? John has not been doing his homework well enough! lol

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net