Print Page | Close Window

How much vacuum power do TMs really need?

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=556
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 2:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How much vacuum power do TMs really need?
Posted By: Superglide Ken
Subject: How much vacuum power do TMs really need?
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 1:13pm

These days manufacturers are selling units with cfm outputs from 100 cfm or less(Banes, etc) all the way up to 850 cfms(Chemspec 860 , Vortexs etc). What do you you feel is enough power to do the job right, and if you think lots of power is better, how much are you prepared to pay to get such a unit? With our dollar strengthening again, more and more units are getting to be affordable again.

Superglide Ken

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Replies:
Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:30pm
save yourself time and money just install a #6 blower.. much cheaper than a whole unit...  These things are way over priced ...for simple machines

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:45pm
There is only so much air than can travel threw one 21/2 inch hose.  After that the vac relief kicks in and than what?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:59pm
you set it high like 20 or 30 HG wowowow that carpet will dry in 10 mins...if theres any left

Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:15pm

The hose is not where the main restriction lies. On 100 ft of hose, 2" vac hose can handle 500 cfm and even 1.5" hose can handle 280 cfm on 25 ft.

The wand without a glide can handle only 100 cfm or so. Thus the need to use glides. Pretty dumb to have a 800 cfm super sucker and only be able to use 100 cfm of that.Even 200 cfm if you are dual wanding is wasteful. 400 cfm from 2 wands with glides is much better.

Superglide Ken.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 11:48pm

depends on how many wands you run off the machine.

for a one man operation like myself a 45 blower will do the job just fine

Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 8:22am
Ken:  Lets talk being 150 feet or more from the unit.  On two wands you can tel there is less restriction on the unit glides or not.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 10:44am
That is true, Doug. With a 405 and 2 wands going from it, you will have much less restriction for sure. But at that distance(150 ft), 2 regular wands are still going to give yo less than 180 cfm between them when working on the carpet. There is more you can get with the use of a glide.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 9:23pm

You tend to move to fast with the glide... you won't clean the same... it'll be hard to go slow when the wand is zipping across the carpet.  I feel it will make the carpet more wet... and you might not enough dirt out because your moving to fast...

I like to feel the carpet... 

Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 10:31pm
Mr. Steamer: You like to feel the carpet.  Being  bent over like a dog screwing a golf ball must be hard on your back while you are cleaning. Do you clean with a stair tool?  Or would that get you close enough?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 12:55am
Steamer: I have news for you. In the begining when you first use a glide wand, you do clean faster. About 30 % or so. But your suction at the carpet is much greater due to almost doubling the cfms at the carpet. So you do not leave the carpet wetter and in most cases , the cleaning quality is improved. This is especially true with the new SSU glides we have out now. If you have a wand that will fit that glide, I am offering you a 30 day test drive of one, just to show you how wrong you are on that. You may have tested a first generation glide that was too slippery(Teflon) without alot of carpet feel, but they are not that way anymore. Just like new cars, the first year out there are a few problems to work out. My first year is up.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 2:36am
I have a cleanco wand.... how much??? I'll try anything once.... but if my reservices rise to 2% you'll have hell to pay

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 8:02am
Mr. Steamskie:  I thought you had a magic wand?? This will cut your cleaning to 8.5 minutes a jGuitarob.  You will be done by 10 o'clock each day. Than what?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 10:03am

Mr Steamer: There are 2 types of Cleanco wands out there. The old 3 jet with the 10" width, and the newer 2 jet 12" wide models made by PMF. Which one do you have?

The rules for the 30 day trial are simple. I charge you no money up front. You e-mail me your shipping address and I send you out a glide that fits your wand from here. If you like what it does for you, you pay Ted for it at the end of the test period. Ted pays me for it. We are all happy.

If you think it is not for you, you return it to Ted's store, and owe nothing.

Deal?

-------------

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 4:23pm
deal

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 8:27pm
Mr. Steamer: I will get working on a glide for your wand this week. We still have a few old cleanco wands out here in Calgary that I can do a fitting on. When ready, I will ship the glide out to you direct.

-------------

Posted By: secondgen
Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 9:17pm
i would love to try your glide for a rotovac as well as wand i am based in vancouver .

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 9:31pm
well I'm impress SG.. and I haven't even got it yet

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 10:41pm

Well Steamer; when I impress enough people around here I can shut up and give you guys a break from the infomercials.

Superglide Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 14/September/2004 at 3:55am
Maybe some of you like hearing them?

-------------

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 17/December/2005 at 10:35pm

Ken

One question for you.  If your glides are so good why oh why don't the major manufactures make them (i.e. prochem, hydramaster)?  Instead they invest in making more powerful machines to get the carpets dryer.  So doesn't make sense, and correct me if I'm wrong but haven't seen them at carpet cleaning supplier stores either.

Bryan

Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 11:52pm

Butler makes em

I've seen them at major suppliers

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 12:21am
Kens glide lips OOHHH!! YEAAAA!!!!

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 1:25am

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 1:39am
YES

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 11:21am
yes what?

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 11:44am

I think everyone needs a unit, like (we'll call it) a BORTEX as a min. This would be a basic requirement for anyone to survive in this business. After all, I, personally, was a failure building a business with only High-Performance Portable/Electric TM's. I just may go to Hell for doing that!

IT MUST BE: 150,000 (US) dollars--hey, can't every carpet cleaner afford this?!

IT MUST HAVE: 3" vacuum hoses

IT MUST BE CARRIED: in a Semi Truck with a 485 cubic in. deisel engine

IT MUST BE CAPABLE OF HEATING: water to 400 degrees.

Realizing that MORE and, BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER in the carpet cleaning business, this unit will be a sure sale. It will capture a ton of customers for the cleaner and will guarantee them success!!!!

What do you guys think?????

Good Fortune, and keep dreaming;

Ed Valentine

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 11:10pm

Why not use the 485 cid deisel to run the machine back at shop and just drag the hoses to the customers house.

Dose anyone sell mile long sections of hose?

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by Advantage Advantage wrote:

Dose anyone sell mile long sections of hose?

I will sell you a mile of hose...

Now that's what I call really hosing a customer.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 9:08pm
Don't forget the solution hose?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 9:33pm

Steamaction advertised a tm that can run 5000' of hose.......

Sir.... I'll be back in half an hour have to run to the truck.... It's 5000' away....lolNah, nah

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 9:39pm

That's almost 2 miles to the truck and back........good runner to make it in 30 minutes......better not forget anything

Nightrider

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 9:54pm

Right................Do the all the houses on the way back.....

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 10:07pm

At least pass out flyers, or something.............ring all the doorbells and run away.........

Nightrider

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 23/December/2005 at 1:16am
I guess I would of though more company's would be making there wands with glides if they were so much better.  There is a lot of  stuff out there that doesn't work, that someone is making a quick buck on.  Who know mabe the will be the next big thing, and its just early on.

Date Posted: 23/December/2005 at 3:17am

Superkens lip glides sure make a difference...I like it......................

Thanks Ken for letting me try before i buy.......

Date Posted: 23/December/2005 at 5:15pm

It doesn't much matter what you invent or sell half will like it and half won't...........that's just the way it is

Coke & Pepsi and very close rivals with almost an equal amount of market share.........so what does that tell you............

Nightrider

Date Posted: 23/December/2005 at 8:12pm
Pepsi please..........................Nah, nah

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 24/December/2005 at 1:58am
I'll take Pepsi too, thanks

Date Posted: 27/December/2005 at 9:17pm
Why your nose getting sore from the coke??

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net