Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5549
Printed Date: 02/May/2024 at 5:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Price of Gas At The Pump
Posted By: nightrider
Subject: Price of Gas At The Pump
Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 2:44pm
The price of gas here in St.Lambert Quebec is 70.9 /litre......Filled up my Hummer H3 from almost empty to full for  $38.00

What's the price in your area

Nightrider

Replies:
Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 3:18pm
66.0 / litre here, 30 min north of London

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: FriendlyHammer
Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 6:37pm
$1.64 US

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 7:01pm
1.65/gal in West Palm BeachBig%20smile

83.5/liter at homeCry

Another reason to stay hereHmmm

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 7:30pm
Until summer.  The summers are unbearable.

Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 7:49pm
Yeah. Reality sucksCry

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 28/December/2008 at 8:03pm
$1.63USD/gallon in Eugene Oregon - looking forward to maybe $1.25.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 4:33am
$1.61 in downtown Milwaukee, WI.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 11:42am
Hey FriendlyHammer.. Is Adelman still running strong in Milwaukee? I use to work for them.. They had 15 TMs in the field..

Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 4:47pm
Yeah, they are still the biggest, I think.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 5:23pm
Thanks for the info.. Big%20smile

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

$1.63USD/gallon in Eugene Oregon - looking forward to maybe $1.25.

Well that is not going to happen Mike. The floor is already in. The war in the middle east is about to get much nastier and put up the price.

Oh well, those low gas prices were nice while they lasted, eh?

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 9:36pm
Price will still drop.........war means nothing..................demand for the product is not there............gas will drop way lower into the new year

You're a gambling man Ken..............................let's make a wager............I will 10 times whatever you want to bet   Ex your 1 dollar to my 10 dollars 
                                              Nightrider

Posted By: danmarck82
Date Posted: 29/December/2008 at 9:36pm
Ken , as long as it distracts us from moving forward on our " energy initiatives, like wind, electric powered cars and the like. and slows our drilling down the saudis will keep our prices low they do not want us to get the infrastructure put together that would stop us from buying from them .... and everytime the prices go down people stop pursuing the energy ideas that were Number ONE priority when gas was 4.25.

Makes sense to me . IMO

Date Posted: 30/December/2008 at 4:41pm
Well Gordie, that would be true but for the fact that the OPEC nations just agreed to cut back on the oil by 4 million barrels per day from September's level. That will be pushing oil back up. Production will be less than demand after that cut is implamented. It will take a few weeks to happen will oil inventories get drained, but the fix is in starting on Thursday.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 30/December/2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Price will still drop.........war means nothing..................demand for the product is not there............gas will drop way lower into the new year

You're a gambling man Ken..............................let's make a wager............I will 10 times whatever you want to bet   Ex your 1 dollar to my 10 dollars 

Nightrider

The odds sound good to me Jack.

Tell me what exactly the bet is. I like the chance to collect $1000 for putting up $100

-------------

Date Posted: 30/December/2008 at 10:58pm
Sure you still wanna bet Kenny.............price at the pumps here today is .68/litre...........going down further to .62 by the week-end

Should be 6 to 10 cents cheaper in GTA 
                                                 Nightrider

Date Posted: 31/December/2008 at 2:42pm
OUCH.............back up to 78/litre today

Nightrider

Date Posted: 31/December/2008 at 3:10pm
$1.63 still Kenny. 

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 07/January/2009 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

OUCH.............back up to 78/litre today

Nightrider

Jack:

You are better at making a "PROFIT" than being a "Prophat".

-------------

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 07/January/2009 at 7:04pm
went to $0.78 per lt here today also. But the price of oil went down 12%

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 07/January/2009 at 7:59pm
Still .67 per litre here, but it will go up here too once oil stays on the plus side of $50.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/January/2009 at 10:08pm
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-drops-largest-percentage-rb-13994723.html - http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-drops-largest-percentage-rb-13994723.html

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 8:40am
Enjoy the price right now won"t be long before it goes back up over a 1.00 a litre

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 1:06pm
Oil supplies rise because less gas is being purchased by end users.  Reason?  Oh, I don't know - maybe it is a combination of factors including if you lose your job you don't need to drive as much, public transportation has replaced the car as a mode of transportation for those going to school and work due to the $4+ gas prices (people are gun shy fearing those high prices are going to return), people feel they must justify every road trip they make and how about bad weather brought on by global warming making travel impossible?

Or maybe it is just the luck of the draw.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 4:21pm
It will go up. It will go down. Nothing much to worry about unless the economy gets too healthy, ironically. In the meantime, Kenny will continue to predict the fall of civilization, and I will continue to predict that technology will continue to solve all our energy problems. (The robots will kill everyone else - Just kidding.)

-------------
Ken Harris Nov 08:

"This will cause oil to rise to near $100 by the end of November. It stays up there to about the end of February. Better save this so you know who told it to you first."

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 5:21pm
Don"t blame Ken, even the experts have no idea why we are in the mess we are in right now.

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 6:44pm
Kenny is no expert on the economy..................................Soooooooooooooooooooo maybe he should keep his mouth shut!

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 08/January/2009 at 10:25pm
I thought he invented the economyShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 12:03am
Originally posted by cleanex cleanex wrote:

Don"t blame Ken, even the experts have no idea why we are in the mess we are in right now.

Actually oil is very close to moving back to where it was last summer. In the fall the usage of gasoline was down 7% year over year. Now it is only down 2% year over year. The lower prices are working to increase consuption again. IMO the usage will be higher year over year again by February. When that happens gasoline will rapidly return to over $2/gal again in the USA and to over $1/litre again in Canada.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 1:26am
and in the US oil surpluses were 9 times the expected levels.  Therefore oil took a dump today to correct the higher options prices futures gamblers attempted to take it to.

Sure glad OBama is calling for windfall profit taxes on the oil companies. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 1:32am
BTW Kenny, how is that $5k you purchased in GM doing?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 1:43am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

BTW Kenny, how is that $5k you purchased in GM doing?

What do you mean $5K Mike? I purchased 10,000 shares at $3.90 a share. That is $39,000. So far, so good. GM's sales are turning around. They were only down 31% last month. Sales of their SUVs and trucks were up, and since that is where most of their money is made, I expect them to reach break even by the 2nd quarter this year. That is when their shares will go up over $10 each .

-------------

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 1:49pm
That would be good.  Too bad your optimism is not shared by companies like Enterprise car rental who is their number one customer who buys all of the models GM makes and having prepaid for one year's purchases is so concerned that they will ever see the cars and due to bankruptcy rules will not see the cash back, they were going so far as to have their 75000 employees write to their congressmen, providing them with the text to do so, increasing the chances that their lack of foresight in making purchases won't blow up in the face of the Enterprise executive staff.  Now with the band aid given to GM the car rental company is just praying they get all of their cars before the anticipated BK in March or April.  National and Alamo lease their cars from GM and in fact it has much to do with how they are able to do their one-way rentals.  Without the survival of the big three at least three large car rental companies will become a mere whisper of their current size and they could join rental companies like Ugly Duckling and Rent-A-Wreck with aging inventory they can't sell without taking a loss.

I have family and friends at Enterprise (they employ about as many as Walmart) who tell me about the convulsions that company is experiencing as it begins to shrink down to 60% of it's current size.  That is the only way you can get the info on Enterprise since it is privately held.

Keep your fingers crossed Kenny that you don't lose all of that $39000.  You do know the plants they are shutting down are the SUV/Truck producing plants, right?  As long as they keep on making buses and cities have great tax revenue to purchase those buses with - oh wait -- cities are in need of a bailout too.  Wonder how this is all going to sort itself out.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/January/2009 at 3:16pm
Even if GM shuts down 1/2 the assembly plants that make trucks and SUVs whats left will easily be able to meet the reduced demand in the market. Scaling back and reducing costs is a process that is drawn out and takes time, but the end result will be a stronger company that can make more profit on smaller volume and be around for the long haul. Bottom line is that GM will have the same labour cost per vehicle as Toyota and Honda before this year is out. That would not have happened if this depression had not happened. There is a silver lining in every dark cloud.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/January/2009 at 1:31am
If the back of the unions is broken in America, the buying power of the common man goes away.  Fat rich cats who will be left with the money won't be buying all the cars made to keep any car manufacturers going.  We really need global involvement in another "War to End All Wars".  The US Govt will then come to the rescue as the biggest consumer with the deepest pockets and put some to work and unfortunately some to death as sacrifices to the God of War.  Barbarism - we never outgrew it.  The poor, they have no bread.  Let them eat cake.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net