Print Page | Close Window

BONNET CLEANING

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to very low moisture, encap and oscillating pad cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4774
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 8:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: BONNET CLEANING
Posted By: pbm
Subject: BONNET CLEANING
Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 2:59pm
HI WHAT IS THE BEST ENCAP CLEANER TO USE WITH BONNET CLEANING??

Replies:
Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 4:01pm
There are several
DFC 105
DFC  H.D. Degreaser
HYDROXIPRO  Crystal
Spin Vac
Roto Brite
Or any good encap juice 

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 4:21pm
we prefer Contractors Choice (made in Canada)

-------------

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 5:13pm
Shhhhhhhhh!.......................Don't tell anybody but..............

2-4 OZ of Chemspec #90 and a full scoop of Energizer per gallon of water(works out to pennies per gallon) will make you a very nice pad cleaner in a pinch. Big%20smile

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:59pm
THANKS FOR THE INFO......

-------------
The bonnet pro

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 10:10pm
Watch what you use you do not want anything that will leave a residue behind, try to stick to detergent free or encap chems, detergents meant for HWE are not meant for bonnet cleaning.

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 20/February/2008 at 10:36pm
Very true Don, Like I said in a pinch! Never had a problem with residue.

However regardless how a detergent is used weather in HWE or with a pad it is still sprayed into the carpet and residue will be left regardless. Don't overwet and don't use too much Chem, whatever method you are using, common sense comes into play!

-------------

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 21/February/2008 at 6:07pm
Bridgepoint's Encapuclean works well. Xerion is a great product, except that it doesn't dissolve quite as well I wish it did.

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 10:37am

Almost every carpet mill forbids the use of bonnet cleaning on their broadloom.

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Almost every carpet mill forbids the use of bonnet cleaning on their broadloom.

UH oh Confused Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 12:48pm
I guess there are a lot of voided warrantiesShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 4:32pm
yep

Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 5:46pm
How would they even now if u use a bonnet cleaner...i wouldnt tell them....

-------------
The bonnet pro

Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 5:59pm
They have men in black that work for them! Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 7:14pm

As an inspector I ask who cleaned the carpet and how they did it.

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 8:13pm
As an inspector, you probably deal with warranties all the time. For me, as a cleaner, a customer has brought it up maybe three times in over ten years. 

Date Posted: 24/February/2008 at 9:09pm
I've dealt with a few warranty issues over the years, but most consumers have no clue whatsoever about their warrantyShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 6:36pm
If customers truly cared about their carpet warranty we would all be busting butt to keep up with the demand.  I don't see customers caring to spend their depleted reserves anytime soon.  A carpet mill will look for anyway to keep from honoring its warranty.  But that is why there are lawyers, right?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: FreshAire
Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 10:16pm
Releasit's Encap Punch is specifically designed for "Padcapping" i.e. bonnet cleaning with encapsulation... we trialled it at our encap demo day last weekend and have to say, it does make a difference over normal encap formulations... the "Punch-ed" bonnet picked up way more than the normal stuff. Give it a go...

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 10:39pm
I would use it if it was DfE EPA green certified.  Prochem representatvies said to me and several others in a seminar (and one those reps is an IICRC instructor) that their Axiom line of products do have encapsulate principles.  Anyone else hear that?

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: FreshAire
Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 11:05pm
all of their products are moving that way Soil Lint, however they still aren't suitable as full-on encap style usage

Date Posted: 25/July/2008 at 11:52pm
I find Releasit products to be among the best. The odour is a little annoying, but I can live with itBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 03/August/2008 at 10:36pm
vacaway.com has a green one named Encap Green.  The first sentence about it on Steve Smith's site is:
Encap GREEN is a unique blend of plant-based surfactants coupled with a brittle drying copolymer. Priced at 1 gal for $35, $134 for a 4 gal case.  Dilution rate for most carpet is ONLY 4oz per gallon.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/August/2008 at 1:08pm
I agree with what Duck said about customers not caring.  If a carpet mill wanted to disqualify your claim they could do it on a number of points including how often you get it cleaned and if you get protection.  It is cheaper for the customer to get it cleaned when and how they want by whatever method they want and hire the lawyer that deals with the carpet mill rather than bow to the scare tactics used by those who lead them to believe a pre-existing condition brought on by a mistake at the mill is the property of the customer and that the mill is judge jury and executioner on these warranty matters.

That is why courts with jury pools exist in the U.S..  Some people trust carpet mills like they trust used car salespeople and politicians - somewhere between fat chance and no way in hell.  That is my experience with the common customer over the past few years.  But what do I know, I only make money off free thinkers who represent the largest segment of the population, the ones who freely chose one carpet over another for their OWN reasons.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net