Print Page | Close Window

Portable Guys

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=440
Printed Date: 27/April/2024 at 9:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Portable Guys
Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Subject: Portable Guys
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 6:27pm
With the gas as high it is here in the GTA, has anyone raised their prices??? I guess portable guys are making all the money, since they save on gas... I might go portable??? whats the best portable to buy... I need one that acts like a TM

Replies:
Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 7:35pm
the new michaels 450psi is deadly.

Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by splash_$$$_dash splash_$$$_dash wrote:

who is that made by????or what does it have is there a link splash....I need something with auto dump...and auto fill....and heat...yes don't forget heat

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Originally posted by splash_$$$_dash splash_$$$_dash wrote:

who is that made by????or what does it have is there a link splash....I need something with auto dump...and auto fill....and heat...yes don't forget heat

Mr. Steamer:  Hot than cold, hot than cold.  You need a Bain Clean machine.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 6:49pm

Michaels is made by Mytee
The Breeze is made by Mytee

Both machines have the same power and the http://www.kleenkuip.com/used_equipment/used_breeze01.htm - Breeze is being sold as an introductory offer of $3,300 including wands and hoses.

Yes they are deadly but the Ninja 500 with heat is deadlier and more manageable. What else would you expect the Carpetologist to say?

I will back it up any day with the Pepsi challenge.

Do you see where if you are planning on buying a car or van that the challenge is come and test drive a Hummer first. And if you buy elsewhere Hummer will give you $250.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: Tommy Clean
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 5:23pm
I would like to get a ninja 500 with heat but the ports with heat does nothing but pops circuits.I think you are better off saveing some money on the ports with built in heat and get a drop in bucket heater.

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 5:32pm

What you really heat if you want heat is a volcano heater. Can't beat 240 volt for heat unless you go propane.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Tommy Clean Tommy Clean wrote:

I would like to get a ninja 500 with heat but the ports with heat does nothing but pops circuits.I think you are better off saveing some money on the ports with built in heat and get a drop in bucket heater.
he's right on the button... pop pop pop

Date Posted: 10/September/2004 at 10:45pm
Only problem with that Mr Steamer is you will cook the pump running boiling hot water thru it. The Volcano uses a downstream hookup, after the pump. The bucket heaters are great when cleaning furniture with a portable cleaner.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: Tommy Clean
Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 3:31am
The other problem with built in heat is in order to maintain a desired temp coming out the wand you would have to clean real slow so the water can heat up.

Date Posted: 11/September/2004 at 9:17pm
or turn down the PSI.... Ken you can alwasy change the inside of the pump to handle a little heat.. must of the insides are interchangable.. it may cost a few bucks but it can be done

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 1:27am
Pumps can be upgraded to handle 180 degrees rather than the normal 140 rating by changing the seals to Teflon. But if you run 212 through them, goodbye pump.They wont last.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/September/2004 at 2:38am
who is getting 212 without propane or kerosene.. I 212 is STEAM no water just steam... 190 is good 180 is still good

Date Posted: 13/September/2004 at 12:38am
Yes it is.

-------------

Posted By: cmss
Date Posted: 27/April/2005 at 4:10pm
buy i a micheal's 

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 27/April/2005 at 8:53pm
The right price with power !!!  http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com

Posted By: JCOOPER
Date Posted: 29/April/2005 at 1:11pm

SO ARE YOU GUY SAYING I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE  100PSI AND NO HEATER.THIS COST 1500$.IT BETTER DO A GOOD JOB AND IT DOES.I DONT THINK THE PIS IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE SUCTION YOU GET.

-------------
JCOOPER

Date Posted: 29/April/2005 at 1:25pm
Agitate the traffic area's after prespraying 100psi is a little slower and weak but will do the job. . . hang in there. . . . Save. . .save. . .save. . .your duckies. . . . . .upgrade as soon as you can. . .

Posted By: JCOOPER
Date Posted: 29/April/2005 at 1:29pm

THANK JOHN.

WHAT KIND OF ADVERTISING DO YOU DO?DID IT WORK?ANY ADVICE?

-------------
JCOOPER

Posted By: jackblack
Date Posted: 29/April/2005 at 3:23pm
I heard there is a new 100 psi with heat but the way the pump works the water is heated after is passes through the pump(?) not sure if I'm making sense. but at only 1oo psi hopefully no breakers a going to blow.

Date Posted: 29/April/2005 at 3:36pm
Pumps draw very little energy at these pressures. The important thing to watch is the draw of the vac motors. That is effected by the plumbing arrangement as well as motor selection.

-------------

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 02/May/2005 at 8:50am

STEAMER:

..."but the ports with heat does nothing but pops circuits.I think you are better off saveing some money...."

GREAT COMMENT and the use of some very good common sense, and truth too. Don't know why some just don't want to believe it and only believe instead, what they want to hear. Too bad, because in the end, you can't cheat "Mother Watts"!!

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com

Posted By: keben
Date Posted: 29/October/2005 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Michaels is made by Mytee
The Breeze is made by Mytee

Both machines have the same power and the http://www.kleenkuip.com/used_equipment/used_breeze01.htm - Breeze is being sold as an introductory offer of $3,300 including wands and hoses.

Yes they are deadly but the Ninja 500 with heat is deadlier and more manageable. What else would you expect the Carpetologist to say?

I will back it up any day with the Pepsi challenge.

Do you see where if you are planning on buying a car or van that the challenge is come and test drive a Hummer first. And if you buy elsewhere Hummer will give you $250.

I really like my ninja 500 with heat i wouldn't own any other portable except the ninja floodmaster,very versatile machine.

-------------
K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 29/October/2005 at 5:58pm
I am glad you finally found your place on this board?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 29/October/2005 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

I am glad you finally found your place on this board?

Are you still looking for yours?

-------------

Date Posted: 29/October/2005 at 11:27pm

Isnt married life grand.......

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 12:13am

Yea.. the ninja 500/heat is a decent porty...Stanley steamer had one for the high rises....but it only has 2-2stage vacs...run a 100' with it and enjoy dry stroking all day.....

Lay out 50' of hose and lay a nickel on the carpet... I bet your wand wont pick it up.................

I can lay a quarter on the carpet with 150' out and it sucks it up like it was nothing....Now that's TM power......

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 1:53am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Yea.. the ninja 500/heat is a decent porty...Stanley steamer had one for the high rises....but it only has 2-2stage vacs...run a 100' with it and enjoy dry stroking all day.....

Lay out 50' of hose and lay a nickel on the carpet... I bet your wand wont pick it up.................

I can lay a quarter on the carpet with 150' out and it sucks it up like it was nothing....Now that's TM power......

I have 2 3stage vac motors in my ninja.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 2:36am
OK you still wont pick up the nickel.......or even a penny...maybe the penny...

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 3:45am

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

OK you still wont pick up the nickel.......or even a penny...maybe the penny...

Thats ok i'm still happy the way my ninja cleans and so are my customers.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 1:22pm

With the gas as high it is here in the GTA, has anyone raised their prices??? I guess portable guys are making all the money, since they save on gas... I might go portable??? whats the best portable to buy... I need one that acts like a TM

I'm seriously thinking about converting to vegetable oil as the price of efluent is getting much to high.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 1:31pm

I am seriously considering converting my vehicle to vegetable oil as gas prices are far too high and i do run a portable.Only downfall is the exhaust smells like fries and my customers may get a sudden craving for Mcdonalds and i may have to rebook the ocaisional job.

-------------

Posted By: Ms Lisa
Date Posted: 30/October/2005 at 1:50pm

Call Terje Brevik, Duane Oxley or Ed Valentine. They all make excellent electric TM's and high powered portys.

PM me for their contact info.

Take care,

Lisa

Posted By: Americancarpet
Date Posted: 31/October/2005 at 10:32am
Best protable BY FAR is the Ninja dual vac with heat. Can't beat the performans or the price!

-------------
Home of the FIX PRIXING carpet cleaning!

Date Posted: 31/October/2005 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by Americancarpet Americancarpet wrote:

Best protable BY FAR is the Ninja dual vac with heat. Can't beat the performans or the price!

I'll second that.

-------------

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 31/October/2005 at 10:06pm
Well if were going to throw around names.........and pm me for contact info.......I'll give you a Canadian name that will give you all the advise and knock your socks off with his knowledge .....regarding Ninjas that is.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 31/October/2005 at 10:21pm

They should enlarge the solution/waste tank....Have you tried the others??? If not how do you really know.??????

Posted By: Americancarpet
Date Posted: 01/November/2005 at 10:12am
If they made the solution tanks much larger it would lose it's portability. For the average resedintial job the tank is perfect size.

-------------
Home of the FIX PRIXING carpet cleaning!

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 01/November/2005 at 10:17am

Americancarpet;

YES..........................and...........................N O.

Good Fortune;

Ed Valentine

www.cross-american.com

Posted By: toolman
Date Posted: 19/August/2007 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Tommy Clean Tommy Clean wrote:

I have the sniper 500 and I had no issues with popping breakers. I always try to plug into the stove with one cord and then the other to any outlet. If there is no stove to plug into then the machine lets me know if both plugs are using the same circuit by the heat light not lighting up when turned on.

Posted By: In19944
Date Posted: 11/October/2007 at 2:30pm

Is it possible to use a gas generator on a heated porty??????(it's a u.s. products HP 300)Thanks

Date Posted: 13/October/2007 at 12:06am
Yea.. Probably a 6500-7500 watt'er..

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net