Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3873
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 11:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Panther truck mounts???
Posted By: nordicfrost14
Subject: Panther truck mounts???
Date Posted: 22/June/2007 at 7:29pm
Hi all you old heads. Just wanted you take on Panther truck mounts preferably the 27 horse power model?? Do you think that it would be a good starter investment. The price is good as well as all the accessories. What do you people think?

-------------
A good name and humble deeds will last forever.

Replies:
Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 22/June/2007 at 8:40pm
Price better be real good if you buy this one. A number of problems. Do a search.

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Posted By: RedEraser
Date Posted: 24/June/2007 at 9:15pm
i OWN  a panther 25 horse been wrunning two years no problems...would buy another one i like it because it is simple,,easy to maintain has mega power..the wands i got were of soso quality..the good thing with themthey arent cheap with the hoses they will give you at least i think still give you 2 wands and 200 ft of hose which is a blessing if youre just starting out.  so far ive only changed out the pump belt...and one pressure valve..also replaced tank float valve.. i wouldnt be afraid to buy one.......

-------------
Red Eraser Carpet Cleaning

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 1:52am
Glad yours is working out foryou.

Remember, even smoking does not kill all who do it. The odds are in your favour that it wont, but it does not mean it is a good idea to start.

I just know too many cleaners that have told me they are not happy with this machine to reccomend it. To be fair, I have heard from a few that think it is a good machine too. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions on this own. ICS has alot of comments on it. Start there.

-------------

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 8:34am
Question:

What makes you think you need a gasoline tm to start off?

Thanks;
Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 7:01pm
Actually, Ed makes a very good point here. The world's oil production limit has been reached(peak oil), and whats left will only be getting more expensive from here on out. I expect that $6 to $7/gallon gas is no more than a year away, if that. Under those conditions, running a gas powered TM will make less and less sense every passing year. Rationing of the gas supply may make a gas powered TM an expensive luxury that may not even be possible in the next few years. My advice is to buy a strong electrically powered machine like Ed sells, and let your customers power power it. Ed's machine can be wheeled into the job when needed, or left in the truck and run on up to 150 ft of hose. For residential cleaning, that is all you need.

Save on initial set-up costs, and save even more on operating costs.

-------------

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 7:42pm
Ken I thought you were purchasing a Vortex this spring ??????????      

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 8:37pm
Vortex? He's got the power dry system with a Cleanco. Carpets dry in under a minute

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 9:10pm
Paul is correct Hammy. Who needs a Vortex with what I have. Actually, most of the guys that have bought Vortex's these last 2 years, and are stuck with the big monthly payments are soon going to be in trouble. Gas is set to jump up to $6+ per gallon either this year or next at the latest. This will assure the start of a very deep recession/depression in the USA, especially with the deeping housing problems developing there.Only a fool would take on a new high TM payment at this time. There will be lots of used Vortexs on the market by next year with low miles on them that can be purchased for 25 to 40 cents on the dollar at that time. I will pick up a couple of near new units at that time.

-------------

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 9:13pm
SGG you forgot on the Red Board these units are paid for after just a few jobs??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:04pm
STT's will be paid for before the first job. Pocket change ya know

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:05pm
I never believe most of those storys they tell over there, Doug. I dont think you do either.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:08pm
Ken; Did you not say that you were going to buy two new V's this spring ??

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:16pm
I did. But some inside knowledge I received about what is happening on the oil and housing markets changed my mind on that. The V's are primarily going to be used to develope my commercial market here in Calgary. The $100,000+ plus I will save by waiting till next year makes the wait worthwhile.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:17pm
Inside knowledge ??     

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:24pm
Yep. From one of those high priced newsletters I subscribe to.Costs thousands per year, but keeps me in the know about what is really happening. I don't listen to those talking heads on CNBC like most of the rest of you do.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/June/2007 at 10:34pm
I guess my wife doesn't know what she is talking about than ??     

-------------

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

Paul is correct Hammy. Who needs a Vortex with what I have. Actually, most of the guys that have bought Vortex's these last 2 years, and are stuck with the big monthly payments are soon going to be in trouble. Gas is set to jump up to $6+ per gallon either this year or next at the latest. This will assure the start of a very deep recession/depression in the USA, especially with the deeping housing problems developing there.Only a fool would take on a new high TM payment at this time. There will be lots of used Vortexs on the market by next year with low miles on them that can be purchased for 25 to 40 cents on the dollar at that time. I will pick up a couple of near new units at that time.

Got to save this to the famous Turd Quote list. I keep them you know.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 1:31am

Yep. From one of those high priced newsletters I subscribe to.Costs thousands per year, but keeps me in the know about what is really happening. I don't listen to those talking heads on CNBC like most of the rest of you do.

Another famous FOS comment from the Turd.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 9:44am
The turd is a pathological BSer. Pays thousand for this info? Let's see he makes about $4 on a wand and $10 on a glide so at $14 that would be ???? how many wands to (listen to) pay his information service.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 10:40am

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 5:52pm
New Turd Moto:

Vision is the ability to see who you are going to screw next that most others overlook. Persistance is the ability to piss everyone off until the objective is accomplished, no matter how many times I am told I am full of sh!t.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 8:18pm
Good one Bob!

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

New Turd Moto:

Vision is the ability to see who you are going to screw next that most others overlook. Persistance is the ability to piss everyone off until the objective is accomplished, no matter how many times I am told I am full of sh!t.

That's his company mission statement

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 11:17pm
It is now!

-------------

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 11:25pm
It always has been. You just needed someone to put it in writing for you

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 26/June/2007 at 11:51pm
If a**holes could fly(glide), the Turd would be Cape Canaveral!

-------------

Posted By: cleanaz
Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 2:25am
Anyway, jumped in a little late.  I owned a panther.  One of the best days of my life was when I dumped it.  I don't know if they have changed it yet, but the coupler system that connects the motor with the blower is a joke.  I can't count the times I have been covered in oil trying to fix that thing in front of a clients house.  Many, many other problems.  Yes it is simplistic, thank God because I spent many hours working on it.

Bought a Prochem, haven't turned a wrench since.

By the way Ken, you got ripped off on those reports you buy.  Gas won't be going up untill after the elections at the soonest, everybody knows that.  Eventually it will go up, but not before then, IMHO.  The new Pres. will want to better the economy so I doubt it will go up much even after the elections.  I can't wait to see your quote a year from now when Pilediver reminds us.

-------------
http://www.larsonscarpetcare.com - carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, phoenix, mesa, chandler, gilbert

Posted By: Clearly Pro
Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 5:48am
Please help me learn how the president affects gas prices. I must have missed that day in school. I was under the impression supply and demand changed prices more than politics.

-------------
Dance like no ones watching
Love like you've never been hurt
work like youre already rich

Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 1:51pm
Clearly:

Supply and demand is still the driver of this market. Most people are still not aware that we are in "Peak Oil" already. That means that the world's maximum production capacity has now been reached, is on the way down from here. The 85 million barrels/day we are at right now will never be exceeded. In fact, within about 5 years from now it will likely be at 70 million/day and dropping. With the Chinese adding 500,000+ new cars to the road EVERY MONTH and rising, what do you think this is going to do to the gas price in the very near future?

Gas will be somewhere between $4 to $6/gallon before this year is out. If no major hurricane hits, probably closer to $4. Other wise, $6 is more likely.

If we dodge the bullet this Summer, expect the next crisis to happen this winter. At that time, supply and demand will cause oil to spike close to $100/barrel. Presidential politics have nothing to do with whats coming, and cannot stop it either. This is all supply and demand driven. A lack of supply and increasing world demand assures that we are about to enter the "Long Emergency".

Get yourself a very fuel efficient car, because my guess is you will see fuel rationing in the USA before 2008 is through.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 4:53pm

Actually, most of the guys that have bought Vortex's these last 2 years, and are stuck with the big monthly payments are soon going to be in trouble. Gas is set to jump up to $6+ per gallon either this year or next at the latest. This will assure the start of a very deep recession/depression in the USA, especially with the deeping housing problems developing there.Only a fool would take on a new high TM payment at this time. There will be lots of used Vortexs on the market by next year with low miles on them that can be purchased for 25 to 40 cents on the dollar at that time. I will pick up a couple of near new units at that time.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 4:59pm
Looks like what will happen to Bob when he discovers I'm right.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/July/2007 at 8:18pm
Yeah, that's it

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 04/July/2007 at 1:42am
Elections have nothing to do with gas prices?  Now you are sounding like Ken, no offense Ken.  Politics have nothing to do with it?  What are you smoking?  Look at the records during election years, yup, gas prices go down.  It happened during the recent elections, gas prices stabilized and went down.  Make it a Presidential election and you are bound to see prices stabilize and drop even more. 

No one can predict this stuff, and I could be wrong.  I am sure of the fact that prices will go up in the future due to supply and demand.  Oil is a finite resource (meaning not renewable) so it is bound to happen.  I just don't think that it will happen that soon. 

It is knee jerk reactions that cause a crisis, not the shortage.  Here in Arizona we had a supply line break in Yuma that supplied a portion of all of our gas in the Phoenix area.  There was no shortage, but the panic from the public caused a shortage.  Everyone ran out to fill thier tanks and bought extra containers and filled those.  The trucks couldn't fill the stations fast enough to keep up with demand, therefore causing the shortage.  I had to go out at 1 a.m. just to find a station that had gas and fill up my truck so I could make it to work the next day.  There were lines a mile long during the day!  Literally! 

They are also building an oil refinery in Yuma in partnership with Mexico.  Mexico has plenty of oil.  They unfortunately pulled out of the deal.  We have the oil, just not enough refineries.   

Prepare for the future, but don't be stupid either.  There are more oil fields in Colombia that have not been tapped.  By the way, you can bet that the next war will be in Colombia, unless they AGREE to give it up. 

-------------
http://www.larsonscarpetcare.com - carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, phoenix, mesa, chandler, gilbert

Date Posted: 04/July/2007 at 11:24am
In the past, oil prices were very much inluenced in the year before a presidential election. That was true because the supply of oil exceeded the demand for it, therefore controlling the supply would influence the price.

Not anymore.

Thanks to the demand(China primarly) catching up to the maximum supply(Peak oil), all that changes.Demand will be exceeding the supply from thispoint further. That is what sets the price, not elections.The only way to get supply and demand in balance in the future will be for it to sell at very high prices to create demand destruction or to ration it, Rationing does not work well if the supply is dropping on an on-going basis like we have here. Very high prices will be the result. There is no way around it. Electric powered autos will reduce the demand so things will be managed, but high prices are here for good.

Oh, and that thing about Venezuela sharing it's oil? You can forget that. China is in there developing that. That oil is going to China. The contracts have already been signed. Done deal.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/July/2007 at 3:08am
Thus the war, Ken.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/July/2007 at 9:45am
America will not go to war with China. China holds the economic future of the USA in it's hands as they continue to buy up the countries assets, including the world's largest holder of dollars. China will do by economics what they could never do by military strength.

-------------

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 05/July/2007 at 2:46pm

They found a big oil pocket in Texas where everything is suppose to be

BlG

Date Posted: 05/July/2007 at 6:59pm
Nothing big has come out of Texas in a long time, John. Nothing big will be coming out of there anytime soon either. There will be "something Big" going into Texas soon however. That would be a huge increase of Mexicans. You see the oil in Mexico is running out. All oil exports from there will be ending in 2 to 3 years. After that, 40% of mexico's income is gone and the serious cutbacks will begin there. Many Mexicans will vote with there feet and cross the Rio Grande instead.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/July/2007 at 2:02am
Uh, your a little late with that prediction there Ken.  They are already coming across the border as fast as they can run.  I happen to live in Arizona and see it everyday, so good luck trying to scare me with that one.  That is one problem that will blow up if the illegals keep marching in the streets.  They have no right to do so, and us "legals" have had about enough of their crying and complaining.  They get everything for free, while we must pay.  This crap has got to stop.  Good thing we "Americans" can still carry guns, atleast until the democrats get into office.

Didn't you Canadians have the same problem with Chinese a while back?

-------------

Date Posted: 14/July/2007 at 1:52pm
Yep.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/July/2007 at 1:58pm
Kenny listens too much of Coast to Coast!      

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 14/July/2007 at 4:28pm
up or down we still have to pay... I hate all of your bullsh*t topics Kenny

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 15/July/2007 at 9:39pm
Only BS if they dont happen, Earl. Don't worry, they will.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/July/2007 at 10:35pm
Right after Ken delivers on all his other promises

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/July/2007 at 10:40pm
Before or after the big Vegas party?

-------------

Date Posted: 15/July/2007 at 10:46pm
The day after. He has it all planned out

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 12:35am
Kenny reminds me of a jehovah's witness...or a cult leader...didn't he rent a barn some place up in Wakeco??

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 2:34am
Reverend Glide Goof

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 8:30am
I thought he rented a dumpster

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 8:46am
Rent? More like squat

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 12:11pm
how many people are going to see the teflon gawd in the sky???

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 3:04pm
Going on up to the glide goof in the sky    

-------------

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 4:53pm
that's where you goin to go when you die

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 5:21pm
I don't think Norman Greenbomb would be happy with what you have done to his song?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 5:29pm
I like Doctor and the medics version better      

-------------

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 7:45pm
I'am not up to all the new covers of these old classics

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 8:46pm
Doctor and the medics is a late 80's remake    

-------------

Date Posted: 16/July/2007 at 9:22pm
Are you sure STT didn't write it?

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/July/2007 at 9:30am
has the copy rights to the song

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/July/2007 at 5:30pm
That and all the Beatles songs

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/July/2007 at 6:52pm
SGG and Michael Jackson split the royalties

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/July/2007 at 7:10pm
I wonder if they're sharing anything else

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: totalsolution
Date Posted: 30/July/2007 at 7:25pm
This site is so full of crap all the time. How about we help this guy with buying a better truckmount instead of the Panther he was wondering about. I would help, but I haven't found one that works worth a darn either.

Posted By: Need Angel Inve
Date Posted: 30/July/2007 at 8:49pm
    Why lag another motor around in the back of your van. I would only go PTO and yes you can have one cheap. I promise you a great machine for a great price!
trust me!
Bryn Patton
702-917-5402

-------------
Thank you for your interest. Hope to speak with you sonn,
Bryn Patton
702-917-5402

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 30/July/2007 at 11:05pm
Anytime a person says " TRUST  ME "........................RUN....................Unless it's Kenny, " Cause he's entertaining LOL

Nightrider

Date Posted: 30/July/2007 at 11:16pm
Entertaining...........like Phyllis Diller

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 01/August/2007 at 1:37am

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 01/August/2007 at 7:48am
Rodney Dangerfield???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 01/August/2007 at 10:51pm
Well kinda

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 02/August/2007 at 5:02pm
can't get no respect

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 02/August/2007 at 9:56pm
He can't get what he doesn't earn

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: ChemicallyFried
Date Posted: 20/September/2007 at 10:59pm
My panther 15 compared to the top of the line portables I ran was quite a step up in suction.  However I still think its a bit underpowered.  I wish I would have gone ahead and got a Panther 18 or higher.  I got a few minor bugs worked out to start with and now the system is doing me fine, expecially for the money.   The panther 25 or higher must suck up everything including the carpet and pad....hahaha..
 I can compete with the more expensive setups and my carpets look great on completion and my customers dont know one truckmount from the other in most cases.  All house wife Mary Jones cares about is that we treat her nice and her carpets look great when we are done, and we give her a good deal.  She doesnt know a $13000 system from a $30000 system. 

-------------
I can remove more spots than you can.

Date Posted: 20/September/2007 at 11:11pm

Some do know the difference... People aren't stupid...

Posted By: STEAMPRO
Date Posted: 15/October/2007 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by ChemicallyFried ChemicallyFried wrote:

My panther 15 compared to the top of the line portables I ran was quite a step up in suction.  However I still think its a bit underpowered.  I wish I would have gone ahead and got a Panther 18 or higher.  I got a few minor bugs worked out to start with and now the system is doing me fine, expecially for the money.   The panther 25 or higher must suck up everything including the carpet and pad....hahaha..
 I can compete with the more expensive setups and my carpets look great on completion and my customers dont know one truckmount from the other in most cases.  All house wife Mary Jones cares about is that we treat her nice and her carpets look great when we are done, and we give her a good deal.  She doesnt know a $13000 system from a $30000 system. 
Thumbs Up

-------------
NEW BUSINESS IN TEXAS

Posted By: STEAMPRO
Date Posted: 12/November/2007 at 10:44pm
does the panther 15 come with a 33 or 36 blower?Wacko

-------------
NEW BUSINESS IN TEXAS

Date Posted: 19/November/2007 at 10:43pm
I havent looked into the blower details.  I judge the suction by how much whistle I get out of the wand.  The more suction the higher the wand whistle.  This can vary based on how many feet you are running or how long your whip hose is.  And more importantly, how often do you clean your filters.Do you have air leaks at every hose connection every 50 feet. I tend to seal every connection every 50 feet to maximize my Panther 15 suction.  I also use vaseline on top of my stainless steel tank lid to get a better seal during each carpet cleaning. 
Whose got more suction....my panter 15 with a clean filter and all leak points sealed ,or a panther 25 with a drunk employee and a plugged filter and four q-tips and a bunch of hair clogged in the hose line.  Not to mention the clump of plastic plugging the wand and four hair beads stuck in the end of the wand.  Not to mention the kinked hose as it was forceably dragged into the home. 
You get the point.  If you dont suck then you suck......pun on words. 

-------------

Posted By: carpetpros111
Date Posted: 04/January/2008 at 3:38pm
i own the Panther 27 and it was the biggest mistake. i had a buddy of mine that had the 20hp and didnt have that many problems. he had gotten it at a decent price. well, i bought the 27 and it seems that everytime i turned it on and started to clean something went wrong. the machine started to shake and then water started to leak out of the recovery tank. which its suppose to have a life time warrenty but i have had to pay to get it welding 3 times already. and im going to tell you another thing. the heat exchangers on not stainless steel like the paper work claims. they are painted black for goodness sakes. why would paint stainless. it makes no sense. and the person that i bought the darn thing from is never around or they are on the other line, but before i bought it, he was calling me every single day!
so in my opinion, you think you might saving money, but it will cost you tons of money in repairs. they don't know the meaning of warranty.

Date Posted: 04/January/2008 at 7:20pm
Thats too bad cp111.. Probably a 36 blower on that 15hp panther..

Date Posted: 04/January/2008 at 7:30pm
replace the parts with something good! There are some good after market heat exchangers.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 04/January/2008 at 8:14pm
WinkLets be realistic.  Panther truck mounts suck.  I spend most of my time on repairs.  After I fix the leaks I love my panther whore again but then more trouble arises. 
Its like an old wound that just wont heal.  An old whore that you like but she uses you over and over again.  You cant get away from her because for that brief moment she is sooooo good and you cant say no.

I still own the bitch today, or should I say the PantherOuch owns me......

-------------

Date Posted: 31/January/2008 at 4:46pm
Sell it and get a new Be-itch..LOL 10yrs ago my 20hp Panther w/propane heat had one down time in 1yr and it took 1hr to fix.. Party%20Banana

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 31/January/2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by ChemicallyFried ChemicallyFried wrote:

WinkPanther truck mounts suck.

Name me one HWE, truckmount or porty, that doesn't?  Name me one gal worth a second date ......

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net