Print Page | Close Window

noob question

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3779
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 10:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: noob question
Posted By: DarthVac
Subject: noob question
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 2:09am
I just started my business here in West Texas.  And I am looking at marketing options.  I have come across this Joe Polish fella.  I would like to here anyones thoughts on him or any other marketing outfit.

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 3:05am
Joe markets himself, and takes  alot of carpet cleaning fools money, and offers dumb info and stupid little bits of nonsense .

The only Parana is him, chewing on your leather wallet

What is better than him and all the other know it alls, is yourself...............LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR, BECAUSE AS A BUSINESSMAN, SALESMAN, CLEANER, AND MANAGER...................THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT THAT YOU CAN TRUST WITH YOUR DECISSIONS, MONEY, AND CUSTOMER CARE.

Nightrider

Posted By: Thang
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 3:24am
SOme people swear by Joe polish...and some just dispise him like our friend NR here.

I personally would not get the system.

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 3:52am
Ninja-Thang............you mean to say some people Swear at Joe Polish

I think everyone has a hidden talent that remains dormant until it is awakened with education.

Take a Marketing course, and surprise yourself with the vast knowledge you never knew you posessed.

I'm teaching an Adult Education course in Marketing during the summer for a government programme and I'm amazed at the collective knowledge my 2 classes have. The age group is 17 to 82 . The 82 year old holds a PhD in Architecture and wants to promote & market new building technics .

Nightrider

Posted By: DarthVac
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 11:36am
Thanks for the advice.  Its funny, I got into the business to clean carpets.  But for every carpet I clean, I spend twice as much time in thinking about marketing.  Thanks again for the advice.

Posted By: Fresh Air
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 3:39pm
DarthVac

I live in Texas, and have a wonderful profitable idea for a carpet cleaner...I suggest you take an Air Purifying Unit into the home you are cleaning. Make sure you sell it up on the phone, and let them know you will be neutralizing any lingering odours. This is a first, and offers added value to the service you are providing.

It does not stop there!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your customers are impressed, and they will be, leave the unit with them for a week, and tell them you'll come back and do a ""check up"". (That means you will be picking a ""cheque up"" as they will want to purchase this unit for health purposes, and good clean air).
If your interested in knowing more and wish a business and profit opportunity email me at suzie781@yahoo.com

Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 4:20pm
At the same time why not leave them a LCD 60" Sony T.V & a video about indoor air quality.

How about a Sterio with " Suround Sound " & a tape of tranquil music with subliminal messages in it telling them to buy the Puifier and the T.V

At the same time you can leave them a new car to try out for a week .

Wait......how about a swatch book of different carpet & colours in case they want to change the carpet you just cleaned.

I know..........I know.......... Put them up in a new housing development where all the homes have NO Carpet to see how they like that .

You know what Fresh Air.......................you might have something there , I really do like the idea of the marketing behind it all .

Nightrider

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 18/May/2007 at 4:51pm
What Joe Polish has to offer is virtualy free info thats available at you local library. The difference is when it is free you treat it as worthless. When you pay big bucks you just may force yourself to listen learnand earn, although Joe may fire you up faster.

As much, as I have seen it all by going to so many cleaning conventions and seminars. I ALWAYS return to my business with a fresh outlook and something new or different to present to my customers and help with the companies profit.

Buy and read or study every piece of sales literature you can find. Thier may just be one word or paragraph that will help your new career into unlimited profitability. If your on a low budget, buy the little red book on sales at a book stores. It's guaranteed to please and help.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: JOE POLISH
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 12:47am

THANKS TED FOR THOSE KIND WORDS, COFFE AND CAKE IS ON ME THE NEXT TIME WE HAVE A POW WOW TOGETHER.

-------------
SHOW ME THE MONEY

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 12:56am
OK, NR

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: JOE POLISH
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 1:04am

Cmaster................send me some money and I'll tell you everything you want to hear, send me a little more money and I'll tell you everything you'll never understand..........send me even more money and I'll put you on the Telemarketers Purgatory Suckers List and send a copy to Kenny.

-------------
SHOW ME THE MONEY

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 1:08am
The cheque is in the mail

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 1:10am
SO IS YOUR GLIDE        LOL

Nightrider

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 1:19am
Just look at what the most successful people do in the industry who address the market you want to sell to and do the same.  Good place to start and you can always try some modified version later.  A hamburger is just a hamburger.  But Mickey Deez is not a Ruth Chris or whatever the most expensive place is in your area.  McD makes money from a penny or two per burger and then selling billions,  Top end restaurants get huge margins and sell limited quantities.  How do you want to make your money and once you know that then you can find someone to model.  

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 2:56am
That's not good advice DuckCountry..........That's like me telling you " Skate like Wayne Gretsky " & you'll be a great hockey player

If what you say holds water.....................then who did McDonalds copy, who did  " Wal - Mart " copy..............who did The Beatles copy

What works for one will be a disaster for another .

One more thing what does  " Top end restaurants get huge margins and sell limited quantities " mean

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 9:45am

You can check out these experts......Big smile

Amazing ad copy secrets -- 12 step formula for writing ad copy that SELLS >>

http://tinyurl.com/7zwnb - http://tinyurl.com/7zwnb  

How to write KILLER headlines >>

http://tinyurl.com/cuvc6 - http://tinyurl.com/cuvc6  

Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 2:08pm
JohnL..................you always post that dribble.................THAT'S JUNK .

HEADLINES..........may attract the reader to perhaps go on further to read another 1 sentense until they find out they're wasting their time.............................SUBSTANCE........................LIKE A NOVEL...............A MOVIE................A STORY................................YOU HAVE TO HAVE SUBSTANCE LOL

Tell you what JohnL....................give us all 3 " Killer Headlines " for carpet cleaning and prove your point.....or..... stop posting that junk Smokey

Nightrider

Date Posted: 19/May/2007 at 5:58pm
How do you know its junk? Might be junk to you. I'm replying to the post. It might not be junk to someone else.Big smile

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 1:34am
Then give us all 3 Killer Headlines and prove your point . Do you use it, did you buy it..............tell us more than posting a URL

All eyes are on you now.............................PUT UP.............OR................WELL/////YOU KNOW Big smile

Nightrider

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 11:48am
 You didnt read the letter did you nightrider..??
 How To info cost, It's not Free.

SAMPLE KILLER HEADLINES:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash - click here for the free Flash download          http://www.easyheadlines.com/HCPvideo1.html - Flash Video

http://www.easyheadlines.com/HCPvideo1.wmv - Windows Media Player Video

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 1:43pm
I'll get back to me original post.......................................JUNK................................JUST A SCAM............................INFO IS AGAING JUNK.....................NO SUBSTANCE..........................

You learn this amature stuff in Marketing 101 on the second day after orientation , this is stuff everyone should know just by reading the newspaper. 
                                              Nightrider

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by DarthVac DarthVac wrote:

I just started my business here in West Texas.  And I am looking at marketing options.  I have come across this Joe Polish fella.  I would like to here anyones thoughts on him or any other marketing outfit.

This was the original post.. I'm responding to the post.. He asked for marketing stuff..

If you don't lke the info scroll by..

One mans junk is another mans treasure...

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 2:45pm
LOL

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 2:46pm
LOL  hahaha!!

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 7:50pm
Really had you going there JohnL.............................I expected you to tell me to do like the birds and  " Flock Off " Argue

Nightrider

Date Posted: 20/May/2007 at 8:14pm
Yea yea, I'ts not that serious.  Clown

Date Posted: 21/May/2007 at 3:20am
J  U  N  K

Date Posted: 21/May/2007 at 9:04am

nightrider, get over it man..Nah, nah

OPINIONS VARY....

Date Posted: 22/May/2007 at 12:28am
I feel better now, Thanks.........you're right..............................Hold on I hear the garbage truck comming...........................I have to throw out some      J     U     N     K

Nightrider

Date Posted: 22/May/2007 at 1:40am
Get a room!

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 22/May/2007 at 2:19am
Like the padded room you have Ninja Thang..................LOL  make any bamboo baskets lately

Nightrider

Date Posted: 22/May/2007 at 3:57am
Whaaaaaa?!

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net