Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=342
Printed Date: 05/May/2024 at 8:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lease or Hire
Posted By: Harvey
Subject: Lease or Hire
Date Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:18am
    hey Doug, steamer, nightrider, etc.--ya it's the portable guy lol.
The question is lease or hire?
     I currently do enough wdr to keep myself busy. All the carpet i do is with a portable myself. Now I know with a little marketing I could keep a tm busy on carpets & flood extraction.  Question is? Should I  Buy a tm & have to staff it my self or just find some one willing to lease one to my company & keep on marketing my company???????

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:35pm

Harvey: I believe this is a question for your account.  He will be able to tell you which is the most benifical to you company.  If you have the work than get a TM but weather to lease or but depends on your finances and how much of your line of credit you want to tie up.  That is where a lease is good. But you still have payments.  Maybe try used till you determine your market, than buy new.  I think this is a very complex question and I don't know enough about neither your workload nor your finiances to advise you on this issue.  Just my opinion.Guitar

I am sure someone can help just not me.

Posted By: jackblack
Date Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:39pm

always better to lease, it's a no brainer!

why tie up your cash?

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 30/April/2004 at 9:25pm
the question is are you looking for new or used???.....how much work are you going to be doing????lease new if you have a lot of work...buy used if your not sure...

Posted By: Harvey
Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 2:57am
    you gurys have misinturprited  my  meaning os lease.
  What I mean by lease is have someone buy  their own van  &lease it on to me for finding the work for them.    Lets say for  30% of  income of every job I get them.  Doesn"t matter to me if iit is new or used as long as it runs when i need it!

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 8:59am

So you talking about  hiring a sub contractor.

Ok Steamer this one is for you, you are the expert in this field.

Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:08am

Originally posted by Harvey Harvey wrote:

you gurys have misinturprited  my  meaning os lease.
  What I mean by lease is have someone buy  their own van  &lease it on to me for finding the work for them.    Lets say for  30% of  income of every job I get them.  Doesn"t matter to me if iit is new or used as long as it runs when i need it!
well you better have a lot of jobs...or pay a higher percentage.. because new or used it gets pretty expensive to run a truck mount..  I think if you going to need it when you want it ...you better buy one your self....one or two jobs a week isn't going to cut it for a guy who's running a TM

have you seen the price of gas lately.....lol

something tells me I still missed the point

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:31am
Harvey:  Mr. Stremer makes a good point.  Subs are very good for overflow, but as our princple tm he also has to make a living.  If you have enough with water damage etc. I would suggest you get your very own tm.  Than the operator can be doing other things if things are slow.  Just my opinionGuitar

Posted By: secondgen
Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:28pm
you can pickup a running used truckmount for 7-8 thousand ,with water damage you will make that back fast buy a good used from a bigger company thats upgrading  you want to get one thats been maintained ,dont buy from a one man outfit he is only selling because the truck is a problem

Date Posted: 02/May/2004 at 10:28pm
check the kk site

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net