Print Page | Close Window

Friggin CGD stains came back.

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
Forum Description: Having trouble getting that spot out? Problems with urine?
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2943
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 8:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Friggin CGD stains came back.
Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Subject: Friggin CGD stains came back.
Date Posted: 28/September/2006 at 9:51pm
owner calls 45 days after cleaning to say "stains came back"

what do you do?

(a) go back and spray some A&B?
(b) go back and run a quick bonnet with some DFC?
(c) insert your answer here
(d) tell her it's TFB and she's SOL

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 28/September/2006 at 9:53pm
45 Days is way past the guarantee?
Finial answer "D"

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 28/September/2006 at 10:13pm
go back and spot for half the min charge???

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Ninja-wand
Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 1:01am
45 days?!!...Shes crazy!!!

-------------
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!

Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 6:14am
Go back and prove to here you are on a free contract for life to maintain her carpet. What happens in another couple of months??

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 12:42pm
Extract with a http://www.kleenkuip.com/restoration/water_claw.htm - Water Claw and stains come out the first time around. Water Claw extracts off the concrete through the underpad through the face fibers and IT'S GONE!

Why go back? That's saying goodbye to your profit.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: jackblack
Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 3:10pm
smart boy teddy

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 3:48pm
How big was the job, if it was a long time customer go back, this time explain your policy on re-cleans, turn her into a cheerleader for your company and she will get you referrals, the cheapest way to get new accounts. 

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: danmarck82
Date Posted: 29/September/2006 at 11:16pm
Suck it up , cleanex is right , a customer with a corrected issue is a great cheerleader.

Posted By: ChemicallyFried
Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 10:03am
I get that game from customers with pet urine a lot.  I do a great job of cleaning the pet urine up going way overboard to assure  myself of success.  They call back in 30 days saying the stain came back.  I return to see what I did wrong and the pet had simply pissed again somewhere close to the original stain.  And the customer will swear their pet never piddled in that spot, and that it is my fault for not getting it out the first time.  You cant win, you dont want a customer like that anyway.  They will suck the life out of you.  Face it, some customers just want a freebie and they will use you to get it.  Its your choice if you want to put up with it or not. 
On occasion Im sure some $10 employee out there will actually do a bad job and a stain will come back.  Its how I get much of my business from the competition.  I can see when its an old stain that wasnt taken out right the first time.  In that case the customer is right. 

-------------
I can remove more spots than you can.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by danmarck82 danmarck82 wrote:

Suck it up , cleanex is right , a customer with a corrected issue is a great cheerleader.

Thats not always true.. Some will but most wont because you messed up in there eyes..

Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 2:27pm
Educate the customer about the wicking possibilities when dealing with spills and Urine before cleaning. Find out before the first cleaning if they have used some form of chemical or soap on the spot before you got there. If they have( which most often is the case ) I explain to them that using the incorrect chemical may set the stain . I also explain that if she used a soap based spotter that there may still be a high level of concentration of soap still in the fibers and that although thorough that your cleaning may not totally eliminate the soap residue in one cleaning .
and that the left over residue therefore remains on the fibers and dirt sticks to this residue over time and creates the " spot " she is referring to .

If you were the one who used a soap based spotter on the spot it is your obligation to correct it. If you did not educate her before hand which it sounds may be the case you should go back re-educate and chalk it up to learning. IMO

I use a soap free spotter called procyon . If the spot took a month to show back up it is most likely dirt sticking over time to the left over residue.

Procyon and ted's recommendation of using the water claw would be a good option.

Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 3:47pm
Educate the customer?? I like that?? As they stand there with that big question mark on their forehead. About 2 seconds after you are done with you educating they are just as confused as before but now they have something to complain about when you are finished and they sit and stare at the spot and think it has returned. People don't want to listen to your bull sh*t they just want the spot removed. And they don't give a good god dam what you are using either.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 4:31pm
Now that's an honest answer     

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 4:37pm

Doug, Sounds like you may want to look for a better class of clientele. I don't allow them to put the ownership of that spot on me.

Please post exactly how you handle these situations Doug. ( preferably without sarcasm)

After 25 years I rarely have a spot or stain recall as they are thoroughly briefed on the chances or possibilities of wicking etc. prior to the cleaning . If they call they already know it is their spot and their responsibility to pay for whatever it takes to get it out.

Date Posted: 21/September/2007 at 5:18pm
My clintele is just fine. I am just not one to go into someone's house and blow my own horn on just how god dam knowledgeable about their spot. I have been around probably as long as you. Maybe not as smart though. I do it right the first time if there is a problem and the spot comes back so do I at my expense. I don't expect people to pay for my incompentence. I only offer spot removal for my clintele only. No exceptions. People who use my services do not abuse them I won't allow it.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 22/September/2007 at 1:31am
Doug, do you feel every time a spot comes back it's your incompetence ? That I wouldn't agree with . How is a soap clogged spot that a customer created your incompetence?

other than that, I think your customers are well served . You've been around the block enough times to flush out the abusers. Customers who do their own spotting need to realize what problems are sometimes created by their actions.

I had two new customers this week that had carpet damage ( bleach outs)FROM USING over the counter spotters ( Resolve ) . ruined the carpets. They need to be educated. If you think passing on some of your knowledge to help them out is wrong, We agree to disagree.   

Woolite sometimes leaves so much soap residue that it is almost impossible to get totally out ( without over wetting ) in one cleaning.
Customers need to know this . otherwise they continue their ignorant practices, If that's passing out my " bullshi" so be it . IMO

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 22/September/2007 at 8:40pm
A customer knows when they have been well served, not everything is going to comeout. It's the work you put into that counts.

But..2 things

If it's the customers first time cleaning ever, you may have to involve them more with the cleaning process as you clean. Some have never seen a well done job and don't know what to expect. It's not until they call a sh*tty company will they know how good you are.

If the wife wasn't home during cleaning...look out!!!! I had one of those last week. I did an amazing job on their trashed out family room. She got their when it was all done.. The husband was happy but she didn't share in the trill....

she called back saying how dirty it was...some how I was able to get back there the day of her call... she started to show me some freak of light stains.

I recleaned the area, just to make her happy

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 23/September/2007 at 12:31am
Sometimes you know when you have to do what you have to do.

Went to a seminar once and he asked us what we do for a living , everyone had answers. the instructor said " your only job is to make money and stay out of trouble" . I think of that often when I walk away from a job that I sense trouble on. knowing when ...to do what , takes time and experience.

It's a great life enjoy the ride

Posted By: metlhart
Date Posted: 20/April/2008 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by ChemicallyFried ChemicallyFried wrote:

I get that game from customers with pet urine a lot.  I do a great job of cleaning the pet urine up going way overboard to assure  myself of success.  They call back in 30 days saying the stain came back.  I return to see what I did wrong and the pet had simply pissed again somewhere close to the original stain.  And the customer will swear their pet never piddled in that spot, and that it is my fault for not getting it out the first time.  You cant win, you dont want a customer like that anyway.

Pet problems are a touchy issue. Have you tried using a UV light after cleaning to show the customer that you have in fact removed the stain? Also, it may seem excessive, but try marking the spot and taking a few digital before and after photos (clearly showing the location of the spot) for future reference. The only downside I see from the extra effort is possibly offending your customer by proving them wrong...but the extra effort may just win them over.

Posted By: Aaron R
Date Posted: 25/April/2008 at 8:28pm
4 or 5 days later, definately go back. 45 days later, no way, not without some sort of compensation for your time. Someone probably spilled something and didn't fess up to it. That's just my opinion, though. Do what YOU feel is the right thing.

Posted By: aqualityassured
Date Posted: 13/December/2008 at 7:00pm
I use a bonnet to wick up the stain.  My customers are happy.

http://www.aqualityassured.com

-------------
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
http://aqualityassured.com/default.aspx - Cleaning Services Atlanta
http://aqualityassured.com/carpetcleaningatlanta.aspx - Carpet Cleaners Atlanta

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net