Print Page | Close Window

Getting commercial contracts

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2335
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 11:38am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Getting commercial contracts
Posted By: gorilla
Subject: Getting commercial contracts
Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 9:00pm
Hey Boys,
After just purchasing a Recoil-3 I am eager to know the best approach to attaining commercial accounts. Rumor has it, that this is one of the strongest portys out there, so I want to be the man getting all the jobs where T.M's cant go. Any marketing advise would be greatly appreciated...The jobs I am specially intrested in attaining are those such as high rise ext...

-------------
james cullen

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 9:35pm

Didn't you think of a marketing plan before you purchased the Recoil. You're like the guy that buys a farm and doesn't know how to grow crops

Business plan, then marketing plan, then purchase equipment

Nightrider

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 22/January/2006 at 11:13pm
Truckers can go as high as 20-30 floors brah!

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 1:14pm
Sorry gayrider,
problem is I have a commercial account with a property managment company that manages over 450 properties. The more contracts I get, the more I shall expand. What color dress are you wearing right now?
Thankyou Splash for the info about TM's going as high as 20-30 floors. Didnt realize.

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 5:24pm
just keep your customers happy and their carpets clean and you'll be fine with your portable.

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 6:49pm

H aha ha ha h .......Gorilla.........your original question was you wanted to know the best approach how to attain commercial accounts.......Then I post an intellegent response to your foolish & uneducated question.............following that you prove your ignorance and business stupity by trying to attack me with dumb, immature,illogical innuendo of sexual conjecture.

If you have a commercial contract with 450 properties, that is enough work for 3 truckmounts perhaps even 5 truckmounts.............let alone a little Recoil-3 porty.

Perhaps I take back what I said in the post that offended you...............what you need is a middle-school education and perhaps a high scool diploma if you can make it that far  

You are proff that any fool on welfare can get into carpet cleaning with a little cash and a pipe-dream

Nightrider

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 7:24pm
Make sense when you talk little rider. I've lived on my own since high school. I have been a full time firefighter for over four years, until making a career change. I now own two buisnesses and have full time employees. But I guess your right. I have no education and I live off welfare, because I wanted to know the best approach in attaining new commercial accounts...

By the way,how many times did you go see,"BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" over the weekend? And what dress did you wear?

-------------
james cullen

Posted By: CTGCR
Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 7:27pm
Ignor Nightrider. He is a complete ass. Talk about lack of professionalism. He sure seems to have plenty of time to respond to just about any post there is. Most likely he is not working much. He is all talk. It is sorta like a man with a little d**k trying to compansate by acting like a stud in hopes someone will give him the respect he so NOT deserves. Why do you have to be such a prick Nightrider? GHet a life.

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 9:18pm
More than private accounts, commercial accounts are extremely price-driven, gorilla. They usually aren't interested in hearing you talk about what a great job you do, how your process is special, etc. They just want to know that you can do the job more cheaply than anyone else they can get, and they might be concerned about drying time. That said, walking into the establishment and speaking directly with the manager is a good start. Depending on the place, you may want to call first. Either way, you can at least drop off your info at the front desk. If you don't already have it, get the contact info of the guy you're supposed to deal with. If you aren't brushed off during your first exchange, you'll still have to check in with them weekly or monthly. Yes, even though they want to get it done, it may take awhile to actually get them to schedule. Eventually, they'll come around. If you have a local Chamber of Commerce, join it. Go to the meetings regularly. You'll be rubbing elbows with local business owners.

Honestly, I don't know much about going after them, because it's not my focus. I know about as much as wrote. I don't know about specially designed marketing materials for commercial accounts, though. I just know that these are busy people who need to be taken aside and spoken to in order for anything to stick, and you have to do it over and over. Dental offices are a great start, because many of them are carpeted, and they always need to look nice. Massage and yoga studios are the same way.

Date Posted: 23/January/2006 at 11:43pm
Great help Michael! Its seems alot easier focusing on residential accounts. Problem is: with a porty? I just dont know...

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 1:05am

gorilla I think buttrider prefers frilly panties not a dress but I could be wrong.

I won't tell you were he puts his vac hose to test his lift.

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 1:10am
Splash, I cant top that if I tried. You said it best...

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 1:19am
I wonder where butrider has been hiding all day. Actually he's not hiding, he probably got tied up on the web, surfing around looking for chicks with Di*$...

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 3:26am

I find it amazing when history proves true when it demonstrates that the uneducated and ignorant seem to always stand together to boost the others to a higher height of total ignorance & stupity.

Spash N Dash , CTGCR, & Gorilla......what a trio of knowledge..........it takes 3 of you to try to outsmart the " GREAT NIGHTRIDER "

If  BRAINS was leather the 3 of you combined wouldn't have enough to make a Jacket for a flea

Nightrider

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 3:50am

Gorilla wrote that he lived on his own since High School..........sooooooo what's the point there

What school did you go to......Rinky Dinky High

Next you were a fireman for 4 years, and you quit to make a career change to become a carpet cleaner...........are you nuts ( I guess you are )

Then you own 2 businesses............ NOT 1 BUT 2 of them, complete with full time employees Wake up Gorilla, your dream is over.........time to face the real world in real time

I hope you don't think people here believe your fairy-tales........... do you ,your story is like a dentist quitting his job to make a career move to   become a dishwasher

Gorilla...........you're a mental midget, living in your own little fantasy world somewhere between Munchkin-land & Seseme Street

Nightrider

Posted By: PILE_LIFTER
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 4:29am
I think I smell something burning, never mind it's only Gorilla fur, someone please call a fireman & piss on him to put it out

Posted By: VORTEX
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 4:35am
Fireman-----------------my aaass, who quits a good job to suck ssh*t out of carpets-----------what a moron, what's your other 2 fantasy businesses---------rubber stamp maker & olive stuffer

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 8:19am

LOL @ two things here.

i) bumrider logging in under his many different names to agree with himself on the assault on gorilla.

ii) He went back and read ALL of gorillla's posts to find some dirt on him.

insomnia is a bitch aint it pollrider? 

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 8:23am
Doghumper is pissed off today because the BQ swept the South Shore

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 9:29am

James;

There is absolutely no reason why you can not sell residential and commercial accounts because you certainly have the tools to do so.

Michael has also made some great points here to. You must be fair and competitive in pricing but be persistent in calling on each and every account and they will begin to fall into place. And, you can make money (profit) on those types of jobs because never forget that you are never making money (profit) if your equipment just sits in the garage. Keep it running wisely.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

http://www.cross-american.com - www.cross-american.com

Posted By: richardcrainium
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 10:36am

Hey Knightrider hows Kitt? still talking out your ass I see

Oh well you'll get your cumupins

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 3:24pm

Oh Brother.............another moron to add to the list and he calls himself richardcrainium......now were up to 4 to try to outsmart the GREAT NIGHTRIDER.........keep them comming, you retards will never have an once of brains between yourself. what a bunch of morons.

Nightrider

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 5:54pm

Hey Gorilla, I saw another post and someone suggested doing office chairs too.  I think the possilby the things that diferenciate you are probably going to get you the work. 

As suggested, keep going back to your cold calls, they will get the point that you seriously want to do work for them.  Another idea migh also be to do tie and grout work with the carpet cleaning.  I would bet that not many if any other people that approached these building managers have thought to mention that they could do both.  If these buildings are large it will not be long before you will need a Cimex and a good rotary tool as well.  If you got that kind of commercial potential so easily obtained then it would be worth the investment.  IMO the only way you can make $$ on commercial is by volume work which means staff willing to work nights.  Are yousure you really want to go that way even if this work is in front of you?

Another word about property management companies.  Many of the larger companies have several managers who each have there individual portfolio of properties.  They individually have their own favourite trades and you need to visit each one.  The contact you have is likely only one manager of many.

You might not feel comfortable to do a lunch and learn with the group but I bet that if you could arrange to do something special for them at there meetings without even being there.

Most of these managers have weekly or monthly meetings.  May I suggest that you ask the receptionist to allow you to bring in for this group donuts or plates of sandwhiches (as the venue dictates) and then leave some of your cards and a few brouchers of  your services beside them.  I am sure that either your contact or the receptionist (who usually lines these things up) would be glad to give you a mention at the meeting that the goodies were from you.   This idea has some class to it and the subtleness to your approach to all the property managers won't go unnoticed. 

NR give the guy a break.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 9:01pm
Wow, I just got home from a long days work to see buttrider spent his whole day working on an insult. Buttrider, listen to me. Listen to me good. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.When I have time, I shall respond. Unfortunatley, I cant play grab as* with buttrider and vortex all day. Sorry boys

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 9:08pm
He'll be back on after midnight....the freaks come out at night in Montreal

Posted By: CTGCR
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 9:50pm
f**k OFF nightrider. get out of the group NOW. Go join a discussion group that caters to the slime of the earth that you are. This is a place for professionals to share info, ideas, experience and to help one another. f**k YOU and the sheep you rode all night to get here.

Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 10:04pm

ha bha ha ha bha ha h aha ha.......... Don't hold back CTGCR..........let it all out, take a deep breath, relax, and swear some more............FEEL BETTER.

Now go help someone who posts here on how to clean a carpet

May I suggest you use some water & soap

Imagine that............. A discussion group on how to push a carpet wand to clean a carpet...........lucky you guys don't have a high education........then you would be up-graded to window cleaning

Nightrider 

Alright Pilediver, I'll stop & let the blind follow the blind

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 24/January/2006 at 10:09pm
Jack you got these guys boiling hot. I hope they are steam cleaners??  When all else fails curse and swear it releaves tension??

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 25/January/2006 at 7:17pm

If you all don't settle down so help me I'll, I'll

Oh well

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Date Posted: 25/January/2006 at 8:14pm

Call the fire department, they're all on fire.........oh wait a minute Gorilla's a fireman.........but that's only when he's dreaming..........but you never know who or what Gorilla is today...........he may have made another career move.............perhaps he's a street sweeper today........hey Gorilla.......how's business picking up

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 25/January/2006 at 10:28pm

The "Demo".. will land you more commercial jobs than any other method.... Well, It does for me....

Give'em a "demo" NOW... show them how good you are.... Then hand them the bid........ BOOM !! you got the acct.......

Date Posted: 26/January/2006 at 1:19pm
Hey di@kRider, I am sorry you cant handel two things at once. Cleaning carpet,cleaning gutter. I know that sounds crazy to you, but with the right effort and a little luck, you too can do more than just sit at home playing with your joystick,looking at little boys.Tell me just what exactley confuses you about this? The carpet part? The gutter part? Am I moving to fast for you? Guess what else. Not only do we clean gutters, we install them as well. I actually own a $17,000 seamless gutter machine. But I guess according to you, I owe it all to welfare...Buttrider, quit wasting your time. Your only embarrasing yourself. You want to be funny, and we know. Unfortunatley you do not possess that talent. You remind me of a flea on shi*.

-------------
james cullen

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 26/January/2006 at 2:05pm
If there's anything of substance left to be added, I'd love to view it. Excepting that, can we stop the flaming, please? There's nothing new coming out of it.

Date Posted: 26/January/2006 at 5:16pm

HA HA HA HA HA HBA AH  I OWN A $ 17,000 SEAMLESS GUTTER MACHINE......WOW...REALLY

YOU ACTUALLY PAID TO BE IN THE GUTTER...........NICE MOVE

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR FIRETRUCK, ........IS IT RED AND SHINNY WITH A LADDER

WHAT ELSE DO YOU OWN GORILLA, LET US ALL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU PAID FOR IT.

DO YOU HAVE ANY BLOW UP DOLLS OF LITTLE BOYS, I HEARD FIREMEN ARE ALL f*gGOTS THAT WHY THEY SLEEP AT THE STATION TOGETHER.............GOOD COVER-UP

Nightrider

Date Posted: 27/January/2006 at 8:07am

UH Like quelle est une gouttière ?

Date Posted: 27/January/2006 at 5:12pm

Gutter is an American term...............actually it's an Eave Gutter.............In Canada they're called Eave Troughs.

You're so dumb Splash you don't even reconize a play with words when someone uses them

Nightrider

Posted By: Griff
Date Posted: 27/January/2006 at 11:00pm

Hey nightrider,

Most fireman have at least 2 jobs or there on business. I have been a career fireman and a volunteer for 21 years. I also have my own business. I can't speak for all fireman's sexuall preference, but I can tell you were used to pulling pussies like you out of trouble usually while your crying like a baby.

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 12:20am
Merci. Je sais que je ne suis pas très futé mais vous vous inquiéteriez pour lécher mon pénis ?

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 12:21am
Hé Nightrider, ne me détestent pas parce que votre mère était une prostituée.

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 12:23am
Jack est né pendant neuf mois après que sa mère a eu le sexe avec son frère.

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 1:09am

Now I have the Fire Department after me, Griff you're right, I probably would be happy to see you guys in that circumstance..........cry like a baby.........I doubt it........I've been in many dangerous situations in my life, never cried once. I applogize to all firemen for my insults.

Splash, your French is not bad but it shows you are using a translation text...........as far as what you say........it just shows the extent of your mentality. ( NOT TOO BRIGHT ) I would have to say you were a waste of sperm that your mother should have swallowed or spit out, too bad she left her legs open and your father wasn't smart enough to use a condom.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 5:11pm
ballrider,
you talking about splash dash finally has somebody laughing.
Tell me more about your dangerouse encounters. Do you swear on a modem not once have you ever cried in all your dangerous situations? What about the time your computer got infected? Or the time you got a mean e-mail?You sound crazy. I cant wait to hear how crazy the mighty rider is... I would be crazy too, if I was in all 200 discussions on kleen kuip.

-------------
james cullen

Posted By: jackblack
Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 6:02pm
Nightrider fave soap is the one he kept dropping in the shower in JAIL

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 6:05pm

Gorilla........that's 2000 not 200 posts, and YES I am crazy...............Thanks for noticing.

As far as the crying when scared or in danger........... Never Happened...........how can you cry when faced with danger..........that means you gave up and your demise is surely at hand.............I'm a thinker and will do anything to try to change a bad situation.

My dangerous situations are not for all ears to hear, at 52 years old I've been around the block alot of times, with the best and the worst of them.

If you were truely a Fireman.........I salut you

Nightrider

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 6:22pm
Splash dash, is what nightrider said really true? I didnt realize that your dad gave you that nick name. I am sorry to hear how quick daddy dashed after making a splash. After getting all those private messages from you,I cant help but agree what a waste of sperm you were.Cut the shi* with all that french. The only french anyone knows is that there a bunch a pus*ies. Know wonder your fluent...

-------------
james cullen

Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 6:44pm

Splash $$$ Dash is a nobody, just a black stain on a white carpet that everybody wishes would disappear.

He's fast with the insults, but not smart enough to know what his insults mean.

Forget about him..............he's just a flash in the pan.

Nightrider

Posted By: Griff
Date Posted: 28/January/2006 at 11:44pm
Fair enough, apology accepted.

Posted By: Rotti123
Date Posted: 31/January/2006 at 1:46pm
 I haven't been here on the forum in a long time.  Not much has changed. 

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 17/February/2006 at 11:55pm
Mail a sales letter then follow up on a demo...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net