Print Page | Close Window

Perhaps We Can All Help EachOther

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2220
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 5:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Perhaps We Can All Help EachOther
Posted By: cutpile
Subject: Perhaps We Can All Help EachOther
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 6:31am

Okay...I have found through reading the posts that different regions have different "industry lingo" and this has caused some confusion in helping eachother out.

For instance ....the bait and switch is not upselling and upselling is not bait and switch.

Anyway...to the real point...

I would like everybody who has created and ran a successful marketing campaign with at least a 2 to 3 response rate (I know this is very low but it will build a business) to post what they did and how to do it. 

We can get this topic running with great ideas where anybody can pick and choose and run with it.

And YES Nightrider...telemarketing works for you so please post it and how you obtain your 50% response rate.

Here is a simple way that I have been able to turn a customer into a cheerleader.  45% of them referred 1 or more customers to my books through this method.

When you get back to the office, sit down and write a Thank You card to each of your customers thanking you for choosing your company and that you look forward to servicing their carpets for years to come.

Also, be sure to include a comment about something that you had "small talk" over. For instance...if they just bought a new house...say something like..."Congratulations on your new house, you made a GREAT choice!"

Finally, insert 2 or 3 business cards and ask for the referral (you should ask for the referral while inside your customers house as well) by stating something like...."I have also enclosed some business cards so that your friends and family can enjoy clean carpets as well.  We look forward to servicing all of your referrals."

To all of your success...

Kris

NOTE <edit>: The Thank You cards should be Hand Written as well!

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 8:44am

Fishing...........................Kriss is going Fishing...........he wants important info from everybody to get rich......................

50%....................that's nothing..........i've gotten up to 80% on any given day or week................

BUT..........I have developed some of the best pitches that work and cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to perfect in all different industries....

My info come with a price tag.......or at least a kiss

Nightrider

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 9:13am

My info come with a price tag.......or at least a kiss

Nightrider

[/QUOTE]

That's good Nightrider.............I'm sure Kris would love for you to kiss his ass

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 4:11pm

OUCH..........Hey look who's back..............what's the matter ADWA.........did you run out of nickels & dimes.........or did you get tennis elbow from pulling on that lever 18 hours/day........nice to see you didn't lose your touch with your quick wit

Nightrider

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 4:34pm
She killed the one armed bandit

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 7:07pm
yeah where have you bin ADWA?

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: MAGIC_STICK
Date Posted: 20/December/2005 at 11:41pm
cutpile your methods are not wrong but very small town usa, when was the last time you got a thank you from your plumber electrician or milkman

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 5:19am

Originally posted by MAGIC_STICK MAGIC_STICK wrote:

cutpile your methods are not wrong but very small town usa, when was the last time you got a thank you from your plumber electrician or milkman

Never!....and that is precisely why it works!

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 5:21am

No offense to anbody on the forum....but I thank you for all of your time and effort....even if 99% of the posts have nothing to do with carpet cleaning.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your businesses!

Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 12:12pm

You're wrong ( cutpile Kris ) all these posts have alot to do with carpet cleaning

I think we are all pros here and know enough about a carpet not to always have to talk about one.

These posts are supposed to be fun, one on one , carpet cleaner to carpet cleaner, businessman to bussinessman, and light to heavy trade humor.

When people have a serious question, many come to the rescue, and many make a joke of it........that's what makes everyone comming back to post

Let me write you a Thank You note Kris :

We at KleenKuip would like to thank you kriss for posting here on this forum site. If there is anything management can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.Your problems are our problems and if we don't have the solution, then the problem is all in your head, get medical attention, take a pill, relax, and have a nice day

Nightrider                                                           

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 21/December/2005 at 10:43pm

I've said it before but I'll say it again:

Thank you cards, refferal bonuses, clean it like its yours, be kind and courteous.

In addition, when you do their refferals do the same.

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 4:03pm

What would you do if I sang out of tune

Would you stand up and walk out on me

Lend me your ear I'll sing you a song and

I'll try not to sing out of tune

I'll get by with a little help from my friends

Yea I'll get high with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody

I want sombody to help

yes I want sombody to help ME? 

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 4:57pm

HELP..........I need somebody

HELP..........Not just anybody

HELP..........You I need someone

Heeeelp

When I was younger, so much younger than to-day

I never needed anybody's help in any way..............................

The Beatles

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 7:57pm

I don't care what's right or wrong

I don't try to understand

Just let the devil take tomorrow

Cause tonight I Need a hand

Yesterday is dead and gone

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 8:13pm

What's the matter Doug...........Your hand tired

Nightrider

Date Posted: 22/December/2005 at 9:07pm
I will have to get back to you on that one.  I'll have to go and check?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 29/December/2005 at 4:52pm

You may or may not have noticed that you DID NOT get a Christmas card from Kleen Kuip.

Some years ago I did a survey by calling customers and asking if they received a Christmas card. Knowing very well we had not sent out any cards at all.

Everyone said we received the Christmas card and thank you very much. Proof to me that sending out Christmas cards was a waste of money.

At the end of January you may receive a HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY card from KK.

With this unusual and novel card customers call to thank us and ask if they too can use this marketing tool that caught their attention.

Yes you have permission to use the KK idea. Good Luck and have fun with it.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 29/December/2005 at 5:02pm

Who wants that, looks like the ground-hog is taking a piss and melting the snow............or.........is that the idea of this pic sending out the message that spring is near

Nightrider

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 01/February/2006 at 9:21pm

Ground Hog Willie came out of his hole and declared winter was over on the first of January.

Atleast in the GTA.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 01/February/2006 at 9:29pm

Nah............I think it's all that Indian Curry on peoples breath that's creating all that GTA climate warming

I'm glad I live in Quebec, Canada.......... and NOT India Ontario

Nightrider

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 01/February/2006 at 10:46pm

Cutpile, the topic is a good one and I hope you can attact some serious answers in between the BS that everyone likes to sling at each other.

I would really like to hear what people come up with.  I am ashamed to say that I just put out a single 1 color 1 page flyer to 12000 doors in a local unpaid subscription paper and put out another 3000 unadressed admail in a decent area.  This cost me 2 grand.  Doing a post mortem on the flyer I should paid someone $2000 to kick some sense into me as I would have got more for my money.

1, uno, ONLY ONE frigin call after 10 days.   There is no F'n way I am going to tell anyone what I put in the flyer as I am too embarassed.  I know many feel my pain and hope we can put Cutpile's good idea back on the rails.  I would be much appreciated.

Even though I just got taught an expensive lesson I still believe that flyers and unaddressed admail work.  I am going to pay real close attention to everyone's ideas.  And no I will not telemarket.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 01/February/2006 at 11:34pm

If you will not telemarket,

Then get used to being embarassed on foolish ad campagne attempts.............

Nightrider

Date Posted: 01/February/2006 at 11:44pm

Give me  $ 2000 and I'll generate 10 - 15 commercial accounts with an average $ 600 average revenue from each annually

I now charge Sears $ 35.00 /hour each employee and have 10 girls working out from the back of the restaurant 7 hours/day to target clients who have not used their credit card in the past 9 months with a promotion of 50% - 75% off winter items and 20 % off new spring seasonal stock in the city of Edmonton as a trial run.

TELEMARKETING = MONEY

Nightrider

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 02/February/2006 at 8:10am

Yeah for the telemarketers.... for me it means just a bunch of crap ass min jobs....with a bunch of free bees

been seen that for the last 10 years,,, thats why Sears of the GTA doesn't telemarket carpet cleaning

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 02/February/2006 at 2:26pm

I'll show you guys how it's all done this spring.............get ready for a real slow season...........unless you're working for me

Nightrider

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net