Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to truckmounts
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1766
Printed Date: 05/May/2024 at 4:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Installing A Truckmount
Posted By: checkmate
Subject: Installing A Truckmount
Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 5:43pm

I want to buy a slide in TM and I am wondering if I can just order it and install it myself or do I need to go to a dealer and have it installed ?

How does the gas flow work ?

What about exhaust ?

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:10pm
Why would you want to install your own tm?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:34pm

Because the closest dealer is four hours away !!

And I hate express ways.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:59pm

your going to need to get to know that machine..... because if you have a break down thats a long way to drive while someone waits at home with unfinished wet carpet

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by checkmate checkmate wrote:

Because the closest dealer is four hours away !!

And I hate express ways.

I have  always had it that way. Just no freeways?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:50pm

Did you have yours installed ?

Does the exhaust run inside the van or can you vent it out ?

Does the motor have its own gas tank or does it use the vans ?

I know these are dum quistions that I can ask the sales people ?

But I like to gather as much info that I can because the sales people seem to just say anything if they think it will make you happy.

They will say there machines are the best all others are junk !

They will say you can run 600 feet of hose, then you get and find that you may run 100 feet of hose. I am tourn between two machines the hydramaster spitfire 3.2 and the Panther 15. I heard that the 1990s hydramasters had problems with there heating systems on there machines that caused a domino effect self-destruct effect on the machines I dont know. Now a days I here that there good and easy to fix.

But seeing how the Panther would have to be orderd from texas and the destributer in detroit does not answer there phone.

I assume that I will go with the spitfire it has a 16 horse brigs motor and a 1000 psi pump, a Tuthill Pneumatics Competitor Plus 3003 blower, I am wondering if this machine will effectivly run 250 feet of hose, and is that going to be all right to do middle class size houses say about 3500 sq feet, any input would be apreciated I am not a very good speller or typer. I feel like I am doing moris code on a ham radio here. It took me an hour and a half to type this with one finger and a thume. I have Read as much as I could of Your guys letters here Good stuff ! A Lot of good stuff here.

But any way let me know 10-4

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:55pm

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 11:05pm

Answers

I have installed units.  But with the fuel hookups now and other problems I would let the distributer install the unit.  a good distributer will go over everything with you regarding the installation.

The unit will have it's own exhaaust and will vent out your van door.

Usually you will draw gas from the van's gas tank.  The last new van I ordered it with a fuel attachment on the fuel tank. Made fuel line installation a breeze.  You can put in a separare tank But I think mounting it safley is the big problem.

I am no expert I have only used Pro Chem units all 6 of them.  But I am sure you will get many words of advice regarding your purchase.  Good luck.

Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 27/July/2005 at 10:14pm

the install is usually FREE

why do it yourself???

you'll spend more having it delivered

I didn't even read them all but with all the questions you obviously shouldn't be doing it yourself

It's an 8 hour drive to any TM distributor for me

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 27/July/2005 at 10:52pm

Yes Steaminpile,

I will have it installed, I was looking at the hydramaster spitfire 3.2

Now with the advise I got from doug, I am now looking at the Prochem Blazer XL , Seems that it might be a better machine.

One of my concerns, is the problem of the machine freezing up during winter. I am shocked that they dont make a chemical that would combat that. But I guess landing on the moon was easier. I heard that some people put heaters in there trucks so thats what I will do.

I do appreciate and value your advice greatly. Any more input that you may have I will appreciate also.

Date Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:04pm
coolant ...run through the system..

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:05pm
Antifreez ?

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:40pm
Windshield washer fluid......run it through your pump system before you put your TM to bed at night.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 28/July/2005 at 12:20am
Or park it in a heated facility

Date Posted: 28/July/2005 at 2:20am

You can run heaters

run some RV antifreeze through the system and take your tools and chems in at night

been there done that

and stuff still might freeze

P.I.T.A

finally found a small shop to rent for a few months a year for $200 a month

extremely small price to pay for the piece of mind

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 28/July/2005 at 9:03pm

If you have your anti-freeze mixed at -75 below Nothing will freeze.... I left my recoil out in the winter and ran it thru the pump....Never froze and it gets -20 sometimes....windchill even more... take your tools and chems in at night like Steaminpile said..........

Whatsmore, installs are not FREE........Usually 500+.........extra......

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 28/July/2005 at 9:25pm
Do as John says if you dont have a heated shop. I stored my vans outside for 20 years and never had a freeze up happen wny antifreeze was mixed strong and put through the lines, and it can get down to -40 here .

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: Dennis Conner
Date Posted: 28/July/2005 at 9:30pm

By the looks of ken's van, any fluid had leaked out and they hadn't seen any cleaning work for 30 years!

What a fooking junkyard!

Posted By: qcraftsman
Date Posted: 21/January/2006 at 2:41pm

go to http://www.cleanerssolution.com - www.cleanerssolution.com   located in Gaithersburg, MD. 

My father and father in law are the owners and I help them do TM installs sometimes.  We just did a Steamway 9100 last week.  Nothing to it with the right tools!!!

-------------
www.qcraftsman.com

Date Posted: 21/January/2006 at 5:05pm
coolant! not anti-freeze

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: barwbarn
Date Posted: 07/February/2006 at 9:00am
Supposedly the problem has been fixed on the 427 Boxer. Spit-fire is not heavey enough for the work I do. Conceder Steam-action or Blue line. Steam action builds a work horse. The Nike 745 is tough and resonalble. Blue line is great. I love the Blue wave. Uses a kubota engine and has a life expectancy of about 15000 hours. They are improved Prochems. I have installed about 7 units. Had 1 professionally installed. I had problems for 6 months with the pro installation. I just installed a Stealth Eagle. I have not had 1 minute of problems. I have been running it about 6 weeks. I will soon have 200 hours on it. The heat is unbelievable and constant. I have run dual wands and had no problems. it is rated to run 1000 feet. Don't believe I will ever get in that position. Too much trouble draggin that much hose. I have run 400 with out any obvious loss in prduction. Ask night-rider about Steam action. I believe this will be my last unit. It uses a 30 horse Kawasaki. If you want competetive pricing, contact Steam Brite in San Antonio, Texas. they will have it shipped any where. I know it is a long way from where you are but: their basic installation is free. Jon Don will set you up with a van and unit. Fly down there and pick it up. They have locations in Chicago, St. Louis, Massachusets and Dallas and ...... Butler will even fly you there to pick up your rig. Sorry.. this is probably more info than you wanted.

-------------
The Carpet Man

Date Posted: 10/February/2006 at 9:44pm

just read my post

I wound up installing my Prochem Legend myself

it was simple

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 17/February/2006 at 2:24pm
Mabee I will just do that then it will be cheaper.

Posted By: Gervis
Date Posted: 17/February/2006 at 2:45pm
hey checkmate....i have a more affordable truckmount for you.....bigger blower....really easy to work on....etc.  make sure you do your shopping first

Date Posted: 17/February/2006 at 2:53pm

OKAY ????????

I GIVE

TELL ME

Posted By: Gervis
Date Posted: 17/February/2006 at 3:13pm

some of the information is on my website....www.truckmountparts.com....or email me at mailto:dgervaisfivestar@yahoo.com - dgervaisfivestar@yahoo.com ..

ill send you some information

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net