Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1618
Printed Date: 10/May/2024 at 5:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Idle Fines
Posted By: Adwa
Subject: Idle Fines
Date Posted: 14/June/2005 at 11:07pm

I had a customer come into the shop today and tell me about a friend of his that got a ticket while he was doing a job with his Truck Mount..... the fine was for idling and the ticket was set at $250.00.

Is this just a new law in the GTA or is this across Canada....the law states that no one can leave their car idling unnessary......example:  people that would run into the store to pick up some milk and leave their car running.

What does the lay man do if running his vehicle is part of his lively hood....like a taxi waiting for his customer to come out.......or a truck that has a freezer and has to keep it running while making a delivery....or you guys that have a PTO and have to have their van running to do their Job.   Who the hell makes these laws and why is there no stipulations.....surely it can't be that cut and dry.  Has any one run into this problem.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 14/June/2005 at 11:09pm
ADWA: My unit is powered by a mouse on a tread mill so I am ok.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 14/June/2005 at 11:11pm
Time to start selling the Hybrid TMs Adwa. They work off the batteries when the vehicle is not moving. Yes, these are new laws. They are not across Canada yet, but they are coming. The GTA seems to get them first it seems.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 14/June/2005 at 11:13pm
I guess slide ins are the way to go.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 14/June/2005 at 11:16pm
Dont tell Cleanco this Doug.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 12:40am

I was aware that In Montreal, it is illegal to let your car run for more than 5 minutes in the winter, but I have never seen a cop with a stop watch in one hand and a book of tickets in the other.

Nightrider

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 1:00am
Most cops will make exceptions for people who require a running vehicle to provide their service. The ones that don't are a$$holes

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 1:53am
Sounds like neocon nazi politicians!!!!!!!! Soon you will have NO rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "NEW WORLD ORDER" is coming!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 7:23am
The GTA needs the fine revenues?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: dontlikedennis
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 7:29am
I have a few used porty's for sale

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 8:39am
I think everyone has a few used portys for sale?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 2:10pm
Do something now or your children will SUFFER more!!!!!!!!!!!! Before it's too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 2:59pm
The Smirking Chimp>> http://tinyurl.com/8q5ju

Posted By: Mr.Mike
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I was aware that In Montreal, it is illegal to let your car run for more than 5 minutes in the winter, but I have never seen a cop with a stop watch in one hand and a book of tickets in the other.

Nightrider

Tick, tock, tick, tock. Time runs out on idling driver likely to be ticked by ticket.

Toronto bylaw enforcement officer Peter Berardi is the center of attention for a photographer and videographers as he checks his watch before writing a ticket for a driver whose vehicle was idling longer than 3 minutes on Front St. yesterday. It was the first day of a blitz which will continue till Friday with the aim of cutting smog.

-------------
I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 7:18pm
I GUESS THAT PUTS ALL THE BANK ROBBERS OUT OF BUSINESS, HE'LL GET A TICKET BEFORE THE POLICE ARRIVE FOR THE BANK ROBBERY IN PROGRESS

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 7:48pm
Now we know why the cleaners in the GTA have so little money to spend in KK. They are paying it out to the GTA officials.

-------------

Date Posted: 15/June/2005 at 10:33pm
Another money grab

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 8:42am
I was idle for weeks???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:07am
Did you get a ticket?

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:18am

Hello, Now the US will probably follow suit on that law....  One day i spit on the sidewalk and a cop looked at me like he wanted to take me to jail..LOL!!! Might happen some day... or get tazered for it....

Well, just one clean today... DR,Hall and a chair...WOW!! Biz is booming..LOL!!!

Anybody watch Oil Storm??????

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 1:45pm
Missed that one John, but you need to get your eyes checked out. They are too shiney according to that picture of you in your avatar.

-------------

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 7:13pm
No I got a voucher for food.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 7:19pm
Better than a ticket

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 7:57pm
x-ray eye mask !!!!! LOL! Need glides soon TM just around the corner... ics had a post on glides..... ken vs greenies.... what's the word man.........

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 7:58pm
That was not a fair comparison?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 8:04pm
What ya mean doug?????????? I never tried any of them..

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 8:15pm
all you had to do was read them. it was more personal than factual. On most of the issues.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 9:03pm
I read it... you do have a point there... favoritism maybe??????? dunno....

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 9:07pm
John I have booth glides. I have already posted my comparison somtime back.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 9:09pm
OK, I missed it doug.... didn't mean to bring this up again... forget it.. I'll look around the BB... Been bizzy!!!!

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 9:12pm
John Steaminpile has given some very good and honest opinions about the glides also.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 9:42pm
OK doug.. yea.. i have read bookoo about them and i guess it's up to me which one to purchase... Thanks man... gota see how much loot i have left for tools after the TM.....

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:22pm
John: I think they will both let you try their product for 30 days. then you decide which one best suits your needs.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:44pm
That is true. But you still save the $40 by picking ours.

-------------

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:53pm
Ok doug sounds good... never tried them.. Have you??? Everyone that has'em rave about'em... been 6yrs since i used a TM... I'll have a new joy for the biz when i get'er.....

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 10:59pm
John it's refreshing to hear your excitement about your new toy you will be getting....I wish you luck.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 11:04pm

It's about time someone got a new toy

Date Posted: 16/June/2005 at 11:13pm
John as I said I have one of Lisa's and of of Ken's. Ken's has a little bigger holes which my tech prefers. I use Lisa's and have never had a problenm with it clogging. I have had them for awhile so I am not sure if they have made any changes to them. I found drying times to be comparable, so as I have said the choice is yours.   I am not getting into any mudslinging I would not hesitate to reccommend either glide.  So go out and do something even if it is wrong. good luck I would talk to both manufacutres.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 2:19am

Thanks Adwa, doug and Cmaster.. you all are good ppl.. We pretty much do the same thing to make a good living and share our experiences and i enjoy your bullsh*t and your professionalism...

I've read alot of doug's post which are many and yea, he toys with ya but i noticed the man knows his stuff in this biz... same with Mr. Steamer and the Nightrider....

Take care buddys.....

Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 7:04am
John I am sure you will make the right decision.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 17/June/2005 at 4:17pm
It's refreshing to see doug post more than a one liner.....I guess it took John to get you out of your shell douggie...lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net