Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Air duct info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2005 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Cyclone Vent. Cyclone Vent. wrote:

Have you ever heard of the agitation brush system ''TYPHOON'' replaces the rotobrush and and then some.

Keep posted...I am sure SGK will have your answer quickly.

Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 1:56am
Ted: It is not a bad system, just too expensive for carpet cleaners is all, and not suited well for residential cleaning like ours is. Click on his profile, and you will see the website of the products offered. They cost many thousands, while mine cost in the hundreds. It is hard enough in getting hundreds from a cleaner, never mind what it takes to get thousands. lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 3:17am

Ask Don Cook how hard it is to get something from kenni.

roy dudley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy dudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2005 at 10:41pm
I've been using a roto brush for 3 years now and love it , I also feel it does a very good job. Before that I used one of the attachment to go on the end of my truck mount hose, and it was worth less, I wasted $700 on it and did one job, and sold it on ebay to someone that was as stupid as I was for thinking that it would work, if the brush is not as big as the duct it won't clean it, all it will do is suck air.  Why do you not like the roto brush? and have you owned one?
Cyclone Vent. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyclone Vent. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2005 at 6:02pm

Everyone has their own way of cleaning H.V.A.C. systems.  Yes Cyclone Ventilation did own a rotobrush many years ago and now there are contractors who send us their rotobrush after a few uses for repair or they want us to buy it off them for reselling. We don't sell a piece of equipment to a customer  that we are not satisfied with.  There are some great products out there.  More efficient less time consuming.  I find the rotobrush is not one of the best equipment out there.  It doesn't even come close.   

Cyclone
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2005 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

...mine cost in the hundreds. It is hard enough in getting hundreds from a cleaner, never mind what it takes to get thousands...

never mind that you may not even receive what you pay for from ken!

Ask around, he has screwed many cleaners out of money!

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2005 at 3:23am

I purchased many products and so did many others from Kenny, I never got screwed and neither did I hear any others that came forward to prove that they did either. You can trust Kenny and I will back it up. DennisNoLifeConner is just Kenny's shadow trying to be him........He cannot run his own little business 'cause he's broke so he tries to put other successful people down....................Jealousy and NO LIFE of his own

Nightrider

JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2005 at 4:24pm
To Those of Interest on Equipment:

Been cleaning residential duct systems for two years now, found that a high power HEPA vac with min of 350 CFM and a "pro spin" on a corded drill works better than the rotobrush or like systems. I have been paid by a local duct cleaning company to go behind them and "correctly" clean the ducts of a residential property, after the homeowner threatened them with legal action, stating that they didn't perform the work completely. Knowing the owner, i offerred him my services with a pro-spin system, he was amazed, the homeowner got digital photos of the inside of their ductwork as proof of a job completed, and i sold a "scent" package to the homeowner right there, where i use an atomizer fogger to "scent" the duct system. Basicially, running the fogger inside of the exhaust duct, going into the house. $75 to run a fogger for 10 minutes, and $350.00 from the contractor to fix the problem.

Just my experience, look into them. Only problem with pro-spin, they to "kink" once in a while, but overall no complaints. Dryer vents, 30' chimney pipes, ductwork, it's all easy. NOTE: keep the cordless drill on an easy-slip setting, to avoid kinking the shaft.

Good Luck

Edited by JaredW
Options View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Options Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2005 at 11:53pm

This is my fifth year and I wouldn't attempt to clean any system with less than 2500cfm, preferably not less than 5000.  Started out with a Meyer's General, but have now used Heat Seal's Truck Mount daily for the past 2 years. Also have a 2 yr. old Nikro EC-5000, but have only used it on one job. I'm spoiled by the truck mount and am not looking forward to using either of the portables again.  There is a lot of good used equipment on the market, but I strongly recommend that you stay away from the rotobrush and its knockoffs. With rare exception in most parts of the country, these are all but worthless.   

A constant source of air is very important and you should buy the best two-stage compressor that you can afford. Air-powered agitation equipment (Viper and Scorpion Rod Systems) work best in metal ducts. Heat Seal's new 22" Octopus does a fantastic job in fiberglass duct board. Flex duct is another story though and depending on condition, an air sweep or gentle brushing may be the only tools that you can safely use.  Also recommend the use of a camera to verify that each portion is thoroughly clean. I use a wireless infrared system and watch the monitor as I clean each portion of the system.  

Duct cleaning isn't rocket science, but you should have a good basic knowledge of hvac systems, especially if customer satisfaction is important to you. To be effective, duct cleaning can't be done in an hour or so and at a minimum should include the evaporator or inside coil, and conditioned air side of the heat exchanger and if permitted in your area, the blower should be removed, disassembled and cleaned. 

Hope this helps.

Ron H.

Edited by Options
To Give Real Service You Must Add Something Which Cannot Be Bought Or Measured With Money, And That Is Sincerity And Integrity. ---Douglas Noel Adams
JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/June/2005 at 7:31pm
 A MUCH MORE ADVANCED SYSTEM THAN I HAVE OR HAVE EVER USED. SOUNDS NICE THOUGH AND VERY COMPLETE. I SIMPLY WANT TO REITTERATE THE ROTOVAC IS NOT A GOOD OPTION. THEIR MARKETING PACKAGE IS O.K., BUT DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR NUMBER, THEY HAVE BEEN CALLING ME FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR. I THINK A NEW SALESPERSON KEEPS GETTING MY INFO AND AROUND AND AROUND.

Edited by JaredW
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2005 at 12:33am

Ted: It is not a bad system, just too expensive for carpet cleaners is all, and not suited well for residential cleaning like ours is. Click on his profile, and you will see the website of the products offered. They cost many thousands, while mine cost in the hundreds. It is hard enough in getting hundreds from a cleaner, never mind what it takes to get thousands. lol

Down the road i am interested in purchasing a duct cleaning system from you Ken,but i wan't to learn about duct and furnace cleaning a bit more before i get into it.Are there any courses available for funace and duct cleaning?I always have taken a course when i have tried a different cleaning service,like ceiling cleaning.

K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2005 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Dennis Conner Dennis Conner wrote:

...mine cost in the hundreds. It is hard enough in getting hundreds from a cleaner, never mind what it takes to get thousands...

never mind that you may not even receive what you pay for from ken!

Ask around, he has screwed many cleaners out of money!

Dennis where is your website for your company?Oh $HIT i forgot the library doesn't give you enough time to build one.And if they did you have nothing to sell,unless another thread troll on here wants to buy your super flappy gums a$$hole. 

You aren't worthy of me wiping my a$$ upon you.

Edited by keben
K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12