Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truck Mounted Duct Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Options Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2007 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Limitations: Not all houses can be cleaned using these systems. Many of the newer homes have dampner doors that you may shut accidently if you do not use a video camera system. Larger homes(bigger than 2000-3000 sq ft also may pose a problem with muliple furnace and main and return systems. But these comprise no more than 10 to 20% of most markets in Canada, and there is still 80 to 90% that you can do with no problems. With experience, you can tell the ones that cause you problems and do the rest.
!

I'm not familar with construction in Canada, but do know several Canadian duct cleaners from the duct cleaning forums and all use negative air machines and pneumatic cleaning tools and this equipment will clean any type of construction and do an excellent job of it! With this equipment you aren't limited to just residential systems either and the best money is in cleaning commercial and industrial applications.

The Viper (Duct Cleaners Supply) and Scorpion (Heat Seal) cleaning systems do an excellent job and require only a 1" opening. Regardless of size or number of systems, these tools will clean any duct system that is too small to crawl or stand in to clean.

Dampers and panned returns aren't a problem and neither are floor openings or wall cavities with wiring, plumbing and other obstacles inside. These tools are also far more versatile and will clean larger ducts as well as long runs. Specific designs will also safely and thoroughly clean fiberglass (ductboard) and internally insulated metal ducts.

Here's a list of those manufactuers that I'd recommend:
In Canada:
Heat Seal Duct Cleaning Equipment
Canadian Caddy-Vac Inc.
Biltwel Duct Cleaning Equipment

In USA:
American CaddyVac
Meyer Machine and Equipment
Wm. Meyer and Sons
Nikro
Harold's Power-Vac
Duct Cleaners Supply

To Give Real Service You Must Add Something Which Cannot Be Bought Or Measured With Money, And That Is Sincerity And Integrity. ---Douglas Noel Adams
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2007 at 12:43am
Food For Thought?       
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2007 at 1:33am
I have cleaned houses that have used these so called reccomended systems. In each case , our Turboteck system was able to outclean these systems that cost up to 50X more money! For residential systems our system can't be beat. I make no claims about being able to clean the larger commercial systems with it. That is were the large systems have their best application.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
Options View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Options Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2007 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

I have cleaned houses that have used these so called reccomended systems. In each case , our Turboteck system was able to outclean these systems that cost up to 50X more money! For residential systems our system can't be beat. I make no claims about being able to clean the larger commercial systems with it. That is were the large systems have their best application.

Possibly, but only if a blo & go did the cleaning and even then I have my doubts!

I've been cleaning for 7 years and for the record have never simply blown air into a duct to clean it! My tools consist of a variety of pneumatic whips in 14 to 28" lengths and numbering from 1 to 8 tentacles on each 1" diameter head. These operate at up to 220psi of air pressure and will thoroughly remove all of the dirt from any duct. I do make a final pass with a forward or reverse air sweep, but this is simply to remove anything heavy that may have been left behind. I also have Heat Seal's Scorpion Brush which has a built-in air sweep and is only about 6" long. It too fits thru a 1" hole and uses very inexpensive trimmer line. It will remove even the most stubborn dirt from any of the smaller branch ducts and dryer vents. All cleaning rods and tools sold by Heat Seal and Duct Cleaners Supply come with interchangeable locking quick connects making it easy to mix and match their accessories.   

Granted the equipment I have is more expensive than yours, but then again it actually works and not only is it faster, but I've never needed x-ray vision to figure out which 10 to 20% of the homes have HIDDEN obstacles or oversized ducts that can't be cleaned with your system!       

From what I've seen your equipment has the same limitations that Rotobrush and its other knockoffs do. In addition to being an underpowered vacuum, the hose and brush assembly are simply too large to get past many of the obstacles in the wall cavaties, panned returns and branch ducts. Nor can it fit thru anything but the largest of vent openings except possible those that go directly into attic spaces. The most common floor openings here are less than 1 1/2" wide and are rarely more than 2 1/2" deep in the walls. In ranch style homes with vents located on the outer walls and at least the first floors of multiple story homes, these are generally followed by one or more 90 degree ells directly below the floor. Those nice sharp zip screws securing the ducts together and the nails holding the molding to lower wall surfaces must also play real havoc with your hose covering!

Although your website doesn't mention it - the small suction openings in your vacuum hose aren't likely to be big enough to pick up much of anything except the finest dust and I suspect that you have no immediate way of knowing when they plug up which presents the very real possibility that some homes are going to need dusted when you're done!

My hoses range in size from 8 to 12 inches and I have yet to find anything large enough to plug even the smallest of those. Nor do I have a large rectangular brush pushing the heavier dirt ahead and into a corner somewhere, so I never have to worry about leaving large construction debris, banana peels, toys, crayons, paper or other debris behind and I've always been able to remove the occasional dead mouse when I've been called to rid the home of their unpleasant odor!   

I too have the same fiberglass (chimney cleaning) rods that you supply. As these don't bend very, I only use mine for cleaning commercial dryer vents and am curious how those owning your equipment manage to negotiate the 90 degree turns or tees occasionally found in the main ducts that are located above finished ceilings without having to cut additional access holes in these surfaces?    

Edited by Options - 08/April/2007 at 9:04am
To Give Real Service You Must Add Something Which Cannot Be Bought Or Measured With Money, And That Is Sincerity And Integrity. ---Douglas Noel Adams
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2007 at 11:53am
Most people that buy our systems use it in conjunction with other equipment if they are into duct cleaning in a fulltime way. Again, our primary customer is a carpet cleaner doing duct cleaning only part-time, in situations were it can be used. For the record, our ZX7 tool is only 3.75" long and only 1.75" wide, making it the smallest tool of it's kind in the world. It is actually more narrow than the 1.875" OD of the 1.5" vacuum hose it attaches to. It has no problem getting into over 99% of all existing vents in homes. Those in areas were vent size is smaller than that, should be using another system.

In any case, because of the extremely low price of our Silver system(only $369US), many cleaners are using it successfully to clean dryer vents only. Even if this were the only application, the low purchase price quickly generates thousands of additional dollars of income. The only people that can not make good money with our system are those that never use it. The rest find it one of the most profitable purchase decisions they have ever made.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
tokmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 3:52am

Hey Ken why don't you have a demo at Teds...I've always wanted a closer look..... I wanted to get into this...but I wonder how the customer will feel about it...no big truck...

Chandler Carpet Cleaning
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 3:28pm
I have talked to Ted about this a couple of times now. Why has it not been done? My guess is that Ted is just busy and has not got around to doing it yet. When I am in Toronto next time later this year, maybe I will help him get it done. 1 day is all it would take.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123