Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Fire on kitchen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fire on kitchen
    Posted: 10/June/2021 at 11:08am
My friend went through a very tragic situation last night, his house was on fire due to some short circuit problem. As it was in a small portion of the kitchen he and his parents were safe but the appliances and equipment in the kitchen got damaged. He immediately informed everyone, so the situation did not get worse. I've reached there on time and helped to clear all the equipment from the kitchen, But the smog smell is still there. So we are planning to hire a restoration service to clear it? Is it a good option to hire such service, please share your thoughts!
Sponsored Links

markjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2021 at 5:33am
Any suggestion ?
user45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2021 at 10:54am
The best forum for old houses and their restoration and the use of appropriate materials for them (eg lime and not cement) is the period property forum

markjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2021 at 11:47am
Hi, Thanks for your suggestions. I've discussed it with my neighbor and he also shared the same option. I think a restoration service will be more suitable for this. Their service helped my neighbor when he had the same situation. You also suggested a forum for finding restoration service, So I'm confidently going with that. Hope it works! 
EnviroClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnviroClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2021 at 3:26pm
That's a tough situation! Yes, please call a fire restoration company. Remember that there will likely be water damage from the firefighters, too. Good luck to your friend!

ChristopherShanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristopherShanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2021 at 4:23am
Leave items that are covered in soot for the professionals to clean. Use dehumidifiers and fans to dry wet textiles as soon as possible. Keep windows open to air the house out until the restoration company can work. Best of Luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply