Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New Tool Design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tool Design
    Posted: 31/January/2019 at 4:47pm
To whom it may concern or excite...

Dry vacuuming carpet or upholstery prior to low moisture, encapsulation or hot water extraction should be a pre-requisite and a no-brainer. Not vacuuming, and making mud pies has always seemed to be the normal way to clean.

That being said, I have been selling carpet cleaning equipment all my life and know 75% of professional carpet cleaners do not even own a dry vacuum cleaner. You should probably not call yourself a professional if this be the case.

For years I have been pondering a wand and tool design that has aerodynamics built-in to allow you to dry-vac and hot water extract at the same time. The water spray chamber would be confined separately from the vacuum suction chamber. This kind of technology would be the best of both worlds.

To some cleaners this would be a cleaning revelation. BUT, DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE?????

I was the inventor of what I call the Dry Tool twenty years ago. This is the upholstery tool design where the spray jet is inside the vacuum head. No over-wetting, no drip, no over-spray, dry faster, look more professional.

I just don’t know why anyone would want to clean with the messy alternative. Especially when cleaning car interiors.

I am no longer resentful as I have mellowed over the years. My tool design was knocked-off, mass produced and sold cheaper than I could ever produce it. It’s just the cold hard facts of life.

Not so sure my new tool and wand design would take the same route, but I am now more dedicated to the industry than becoming wealthy.

Is this wand and tool design something that would make you re-invest and retire your old squirt and suck design? Other than something that has been around forever that is not very efficient???

Looking for serious comments as the mold for something like this could get pricey.

Ted Harding
Kleen Kuip

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2019 at 1:23pm
Well Ted.... 

Maybe you need to incorporate some of the Tony Dang feature or swivel heads and pretty colours.  If it looks good it must be good.

We always give the customer the option to vacuum before we arrive, or we can't do it for you, for an extra charge of course.

Here in the GTA it's best just to incorporate everything into one price, but the higher the price the less business you get.

What would a wand that could do both look like?  is it heavy?? is it big and bulky?  Would it be something you could charge the customer extra for?

www.mr-steamer.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2019 at 5:33pm
Mr. Steamer

Good to see you in our forum I would really like to get it back to the good old days with the multable personalities of Night Rider and the badgering every one gave to Ken Harris we had a good long run but so much is out there these days it:s hard to keep up.

I hope all is going your way these days. As much as there is much less carpet to clean these days there are less carpet cleaners.

I am not so sure the new upholstery tool I refer to will see the light of day as when I now look at the cost of molds. Personally I feel it would be a great advantage to have a tool as such as it will be lite weight and no larger than existing tools.

I would start with the uph tool and progress to a wand if the tool catches on. My biggest fear is that the majority of cleaners who come to us to buy goods never ask us why they should purchase a specific tool or what advantage will this tool offer them. The question is in many cases is HOW MUCH. It is a shrinking market and not so sure this item could be sustainable.

As you can see on the forum you are the only one who responded to a new concept to make your job easier and offer a better quality job to the customer.

Keep well,
Ted 
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2019 at 12:49pm
You know carpet cleaners love new shiny things...lol  Just like anything carpet has evolved there is less carpet but we charge more to clean it.

I would be very interested in a wand that could pre-vac while I clean.

This board need to evolve into a Facebook group.

Great to see you are still kicking Ted!!!
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply