Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Wool Carpets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumCleanOttawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wool Carpets
    Posted: 17/February/2016 at 11:30am
Hey everyone, 
I've been in the carpet cleaning business for only a few months and I've had several requests to clean wool area rugs. I actually turned down a job because I wasn't sure which detergent to buy and was nervous about bleeding and discoloration occurring during cleaning. I'm just curious if anyone with more experience might be able to provide some insight as to which detergents are best for wool. I know that the pH level should be low and that there are products with "woolsafe" seals but I figured that it would be smart to get some advice based on first hand experience before purchasing a new chemical.
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2016 at 5:11pm
The best advice I can give you is to find an in-plant cleaner in your area and wholesale to him.

Much can go wrong while cleaning loose carpets in homes. If that does not work look for a neutral detergent pH of 7.

We sell a Chemspec product called One Earth $24.95 per gallon.

Hope this helps.

Ted
Jonatham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonatham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2016 at 7:01am
Steam cleaning is the best, but ur carpet is fubar, so it will come nice where its not stained, also depends on if its wool or nylon. its recommened to have your carpets steam cleaned ever 6-12 months. regardless of stains or marks.

used to work for carpet call...

Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 7:24pm
I would look for organic cleaner that's safe for all colors and fibers low in pH balance
 Post Reply Post Reply