Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

what is "carpet power buffer"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maksionkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is "carpet power buffer"?
    Posted: 10/August/2013 at 4:05am
moved out from apartment and was charged for "carpet power buffer".

what is that?
Sponsored Links

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2013 at 10:18am
That means you had heavy soiled or high traffic areas with your carpets.
Power buffing is a way extra machine (buffer ) to really go to town with the enzyme treatment . I do admit huge difference.
You would probably said he did not do a good job which would have been worse had not he took this extra grueling step but no he did what he had to to agitate and loosen all the soil what ever you had going and mind you you are trying to get your deposit bank . You need to tip that carpet cleaner .Put a smile on your face. LOL
maksionkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maksionkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2013 at 1:46pm
Thanks, as I understand you reply it has nothing with carpet damage and only connected with cleaning?

"You need to tip that carpet cleaner."

the statement:
carpet cleaning $80
carpet power buffer $240

have you ever tip 3 times of service?
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2013 at 2:18pm
Whats the problem manager after you ?

I think you confused the the 240 the two was a dollar sign .
You assumed and agreed prior to the work . You paid him right.
Carpet had to be very bad dude.  Got pics .

relax

Dispute with credit card . Carpet could have been old  or cheap
wear and tear ) call company wrong charge for the buffer. Be real to him.
Or  You got jacked .
JohnJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2013 at 1:16am
That does seem excessive charging for the power buffering
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2013 at 9:41am
I've used a buffer before cleaning many times (and used to dry clean with just a buffer). I have to admit, the buffer does a pretty damn good job. I can't get my truckmount to my condo so I was using a ninja. With pets and heavy traffic, it was tough getting it cleaned with the ninja but when I started running the buffer over it (pre-cleaning), OMG night and day difference!

Here is a warning though, if you put a carpet brush on the machine it can and will damage the fibers. SO you really should make a judgment call before using it. If it's older carpet and really heavily soiled, then yea, it will make a HUGE difference. But on newer carpet, you can cause fiber damage like you see in traffic areas.

$40 is not too much to charge for a room, especially if it's just one room. The way I see it, it's about my time. It takes me the same amount of time to drive to the client, unload my equipment and load. The cleaning is the easy part once it's all set up. One room $80 and $40 for pre-scrubbing isn't bad. I'm sure the guy was at the job for at least an hour, so $20 for gas and $100 for his labor is about right.

If you're not making about $100 an hour then you should re-evaluate what you're doing. Between costs of advertising, equipment, chemicals, time and your energy, less than $100 is not really worth it.
Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 7:48pm
Carpet buffer works great on heavily stained carpet it will dig down deep down and release the dirt from the carpet making it easier to clean it's like a deep steam cleaning
Leiwun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leiwun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2020 at 7:22am
Hey someone knows good guide for carpet cleaning, I mean universal guide for different situations?

Leiwun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leiwun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2020 at 7:30am
Please will be glade for any guides
 Post Reply Post Reply