Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hello Carpet Cleaning World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicCarpetRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Carpet Cleaning World
    Posted: 24/July/2013 at 2:14pm
Hey everyone.. Starting up in St. Louis. I am looking forward to making costly mistakes and learning from them.

I need help though on chemicals. 

What is the best/good and consistant:

Pre Spray
Rinse/Shampoo 
Scotch Guard type stuff
Deodorizer

And anything else you want to share.

I am starting low.. Please feel free to make fun of my equipment. Gotta start someone.. "chip and a chair". 

I did spend a little outside of my initial budget and I got a Rotovac Power Wand refurb, a non-heated portable with 2 vacs and I think the thing is 100psi.. I know that will be my first upgrade.. but I want to learn how to use the damn thing correctly.

I have a full time job, have a marketing degree, and am going to start this as a side business. No I do not have experience or time to go out and work for someone else.. but you know what I do know how to do? Teach myself, research the sh*t out of things, and know that it does not take a rocket engineer to do this job. 

Any tips/hate is welcome... starting.... now.
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2013 at 5:35pm
Budget cleaning?  Mix this at the job site only, never ahead of time. 

Use 2 scoops oxiclean thoroughly mixed in a 2 gallon bucket of hot water.
Add liquid febreze 1/2 cup.
Add 1 cup of lemon scented ammonia.
Add 1 cup of #40 hydrogen peroxide.
Mix thoroughly to make sure oxiclean is dissolved.
To be sure dissolved, poor contents into solution tank by pouring it into a strainer lined with cheese cloth.

Fill up the solution tank with hot water.

No prespray, rinse or deodorizer needed.  Any cheap teflon protectant will do.  Since you are in the states I recommend the jondon.com site.

I assume you are cleaning homes with nylon carpets.  I wouldn't recommend this for RUGS or WOOL carpets.  For those, go to a training class, get certified and contact vacaway.com since Steve has some environmentally safe products.  Also, talk to Ed Valentine on this board.  He has a vac booster you should shoot for having.  And I will say that is especially since you are using a Rotovac like I do sometimes and so that you can run long hoses (do both floors without ever moving the extractor).

You have the start of a business and if you are any good at marketing, you can hire monkeys to do the cleaning.
 Post Reply Post Reply