Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to get rid of dog hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemon guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get rid of dog hair?
    Posted: 19/May/2012 at 1:52pm
Hi, I had a job today in a condo. The carpet was full of dog hair. It took me 2 hours to clean a small room. What is the best way to clean this stuff? Will vacuuming remove all the hair? 
Sponsored Links

FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 3:08pm
I find that a good pre-vacuum will only get so much of the hair because pet hair tends to get woven into the pile and can be a real pain in the butt to remove. Vacuum

Have you ever tried using a Grandi-Groom Carpet Groomer? After steam cleaning the moisture loosens the pet hair and then can be effectively removed (raked) out of the carpet. It can be used wet or dry but I find that it works best wet.

I have sold a few of these to customers after they see the sheer amount of pet hair that the Grandi-Groom removes.  They always ask "Where can I get one of those?"

Buy some and then upsell them to your customers...Money Smile make some extra beer money. Cheers

lemon guru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemon guru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 8:16pm
Thanks for your answer. I've been using a small brush with plastic bristles and it takes me a lot of time to take hairs out; and some still remain in the carpet.
Any idea where I can buy that groomer? I live in Toronto if it helps
FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2012 at 9:47pm
If the carpet really is that bad with dog hair and takes you a considerable amount of time to remove it (you'll never get all of it) make sure you charge accordingly as this should be an add-on to the steam cleaning service...just like gum removal or specialty stain removal. Dog Pee

I buy my Grandi-Groomers at Kleen Kuip Supply Mart located in Toronto.

Lars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2012 at 12:03am
A rubber pet hair lifter sponge works great on upholstery cleaning also
Lars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2012 at 12:04am
Rake is a good call on the carpet
 Post Reply Post Reply