Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC SCAM & SCANDAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpowerclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2012 at 3:55pm
Wow! 

As I looked around at the members of this forum I see that 90% of them never really did much. Now I understand.

What a monumental waste of time.
Sponsored Links

westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2012 at 8:04pm
I have never once in 30 years have a customer ask about it.

You can't take a two day course and pass a test and be a proficient cleaner.
akpowerclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpowerclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2012 at 9:30pm
Well good, that makes me happier that I haven't been a member for years now.

I mean no personal criticism but it gets pretty frustrating when people either don't read all of the post or they disregard part of what was said.

What I said repeatedly was-

I do not think the two day classes make anybody a competent carpet cleaner.
I said- I think that they should do hands on testing to see if they really can do what had been taught.
I said that the class had value because it taught the basics and hopefully awakened in people the understanding they need to learn more of the science of carpet cleaning.
I said- that I agree there was not in my opinion a lot of value in the IICRC referral program for certified firms. That is one of the reasons I quit several years ago.

I do agree with you that people don't often call and ask if we are IICRC certified. My point was that being able to put the IICRC certification logo on your marketing is a trust point. People are not going to call you up and ask if your are an IICRC certified firm but if back in the day you had a yellow page ad and you said you were a great carpet cleaner etc... and right next to you was an ad from your competitor and he said he was a great carpet cleaner etc... and he was also a certified carpet cleaning tech, upholstery clean tech, water restoration tech. Everything else being equal who would get the most calls? 

Things like having been in business for a long time, being licensed, bonded and insured, having an absolute guarantee these are trust points. When people see you are certified as a carpet cleaner it shows a touch of professionalism.
I study marketing. That is what I do now. I am semi retired from my company that I own and I live and breathe marketing.

What I said was that a new carpet cleaner just starting out needs every advantage possible and they need as much education as possible. I said that the small price of becoming a certified technician was a good investment.

Westcovina, sorry if it sounds like I am dumping on you. Your post was fine except that I wish you had read all of the posts to see what I really said.

God luck with your carpet cleaning business.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2012 at 9:15am
Price is the only thing that matters

www.mr-steamer.com
Temple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Temple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2012 at 10:56am
I have never had anyone ask me if I was certified. I also have tecs that are Certified but my company is not.
I have heard a rumor that IICRC was going to start advertising alot to consumers. Can anyone confirm this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12