Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Trying to get started

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to get started
    Posted: 22/October/2004 at 9:57am
Hello, ive been reading this forum now for quite some time and ive been trying to put together my lil business plan and i was going to attend the seminar for the carpet clening course as i have no previous experince and the person i was planning to go into business with bailed. I wanted to do this at night so i can keep my current job till the side business picked up so i could support my family, i was going to do commercial carpet cleaning and i wanted to know from you guys is this even possible as a one man show. Please feel free to give any advice you have into starting a company im sick of working for the man lol
Sponsored Links

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 10:30am

Welcome aboard ccwannabe

Surely you've read the Building a Business post. Plenty of good tips in there.  Be sure to check it out.

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
ccwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 10:52am
Ok thanks for the info ill make sure to read it.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 1:28pm

Welcome CCwannabe... Just ask and someone will post an answer...  I've done the night commercial thing... it isn't easy, but you do what you have to, to survive...

Anything I can help you with please feel free to ask

OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2004 at 5:26am

Welcome! Im new too. Just ask guys like Mr Steamer, they will help, watch out for the slide guy though!!!

Where are you located?

H8 DIRT
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2004 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by OCC Boss OCC Boss wrote:

Welcome! Im new too. Just ask guys like Mr Steamer, they will help, watch out for the slide guy though!!!

Who is OCC Boss referring to as the slide guy?

We have PadMan, Gmoney Man, Guide Man, Super Glide Man, Tide Man, Hide Man, Splash Man, Steamer Man, Carpetologist Man...

...and of course Dug-eee. I wonder if he could be the slide guy?

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2004 at 8:23pm
Ted: Don't ever refer to me as the God Damm slide guy.  I thnk everyone knows who I am.  There is only one Guy associatd to slide glides.Guitar
Just My opinion
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2004 at 9:43pm
Doug: He didn't say Glide Guy, he said Slide Guy. Ted is right, there is a number of people on this board that term could stick to. Me? I am coated in Teflon so nothing sticks. lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2004 at 8:18pm
I was refering to "Slide Glide Ken" Im sorry everyone got draged into this!!  Sorry too Doug, I was not reffering to you al all, thanks for knowing that.
H8 DIRT
steed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/October/2004 at 11:09pm

It great that you have an entrepreneur spirit. Learning the basics of the carpeting cleaning methods and technique's is good. But in the end a sound business mind is very important. One of the many books out their for small business entrepreneurs , that I would recommend is "The E Myth" by Michael E. Gerber.

Dennis Steele ( seals Restorations ) sask.

OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2004 at 4:51am

You will get what you put into the business!

"Doing what ever it takes to succeed is the secret of success"

Sorry about the spelling. My partner was so negative, every job I priced was too low, everything I bought, we didn't need. Hes gone now and things are progressing upward all the time!!

H8 DIRT
AJaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2005 at 12:48pm

Dry Vac??? Any info or advice from the pro's?? I'm thinking of getting started in the carpet cleaning business.

ajaz
 Post Reply Post Reply