Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP and bonnet cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetcleanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OP and bonnet cleaning
    Posted: 05/October/2010 at 12:11pm
Can someone please explain the difference between op and bonnet cleaning? Which one cleans better? Can a floor machine 175 rpm be used to op?
Sponsored Links

CleanImage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CleanImage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2010 at 4:39pm
Yes it can be used. Even better would be a 300 RPM machine. They clean very well with the proper technique and chems.

Phillip Newell
www.cleanimagemarketing.com
www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2010 at 12:10am
Hi all, let me desagree in this one. There is a big difference bettwen both systems. You can't use a rotary as an op machine. Rotary is a rotary (spin around) an op machine is oscilating move. Don't get me wrong, a rotary machine 175/300 rpm can be done an excellent job with the proper technique as a bonnet/encap cleaning. An op machine is intented to use for a more deeper cleaning with VLM. I own both and from my personal experience op machine is rocks when it comes residential cleaning. If you want to know more about both there is a lot of information here under this topic. Take a look you won't regreat. Good luck.-
4carpetclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4carpetclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2010 at 7:58pm
Encap cleaning is usually done with white buffing pads or a rotary carpet brush. The soils are suspended (disolved) and encapsulated by the product, then as the product dries, the soil remains encapsulated so it doesn't look "dirty." Bonnet cleaning is where the suspended soil is soaked into an absorbant pad. You can combine the methods, by the way, using absorbant bonnets for your dirtier traffic lanes.

4carpetclean
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2010 at 10:26pm
I combine mine where in my judgment it will be needed.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply