Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Bleach as an odor eliminator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 1:26pm
LOL.

If anyone can find a way to make lemonade out of lemons it would be you Jack.Smile
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 4:57pm
If I had the time kenny, I would probably be able to make apple juice from apples, wine from grapes, and have acres of spaghetti fields to feed the needy. Wink

Nightrider
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2011 at 6:48pm
If bleach was the only option I would pass on the job.
AtlantaCarpetRepair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlantaCarpetRepair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2011 at 10:39am
You might want to call it your "special solution" and not mention that it's bleach. 

Call me for all of your carpet repair needs in the Atlanta Area
http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com/carpet_repair_atlanta.php

404-550-5349
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

I think some of what makes me very good at this profession is that I have an open mind and try nearly everything. I have tried some of the super expensive odor eliminators and have never come away impressed with them. Even the newest ones with hydrogen peroxide are limited in their ability.

There have been times when I walked into a house and it was as if I walked into a giant urinary tract. Of course, it would be best to simply discard the carpet and pad, clean the subfloor etc. but some customers don't want that for varying reasons. I have found that a dab of bleach in your extraction water works better than anything. Of course I would also recommend water claw flushes and make sure you charge a significant amount extra for it. I would stay away from the $75 a gallon chemicals because they are too expensive and don't even work as well as a $3 gallon of bleach. You just have to be very conservative with how much bleach you use so you don't damage the carpet. Sounds like the carpets already damaged with urinary track infection..Unhappy LOL Unhappy Dead
Pet OSR.. Has enzymes works better and safer than bleach. 4oz of bleach boosted in your prespray might brighten the tips of a nasty but then your lungs are going to thank you later in life... Soak the area let the zymes do their thing then water claw it. After that inject zymes in the pad then spay a mist before you leave. Expensive service but it will cure the UTI...(urinary track infection)..LOL! Confused

aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2011 at 12:39am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

I think some of what makes me very good at this profession is that I have an open mind and try nearly everything. I have tried some of the super expensive odor eliminators and have never come away impressed with them. Even the newest ones with hydrogen peroxide are limited in their ability.

There have been times when I walked into a house and it was as if I walked into a giant urinary tract. Of course, it would be best to simply discard the carpet and pad, clean the subfloor etc. but some customers don't want that for varying reasons. I have found that a dab of bleach in your extraction water works better than anything. Of course I would also recommend water claw flushes and make sure you charge a significant amount extra for it. I would stay away from the $75 a gallon chemicals because they are too expensive and don't even work as well as a $3 gallon of bleach. You just have to be very conservative with how much bleach you use so you don't damage the carpet. Sounds like the carpets already damaged with urinary track infection..Unhappy LOL Unhappy Dead
Pet OSR.. Has enzymes works better and safer than bleach. 4oz of bleach boosted in your prespray might brighten the tips of a nasty but then your lungs are going to thank you later in life... Soak the area let the zymes do their thing then water claw it. After that inject zymes in the pad then spay a mist before you leave. Expensive service but it will cure the UTI...(urinary track infection)..LOL! Confused

Good info. But I think it should be mentioned!!!! Never use bleach on carpet in machines or anywhere near carpets.  It ruins your clothes, your nose and sometimes if you are working with someone who isn't as trained as you may make a costly mistake.  My two cents.  Hope I've helped anyway.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2011 at 1:11am
You got that right aquality. Whoever is using bleach it must be rinsed out
and neutralized. Hot water won't do it..Cry  Stern Smile Angry Dead Big smile LOL

It will reactivate when humidity is up and a person that is sweating
like a Pig on the carpet. LOL Shocked Approve Cool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12