Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pricing for Carpet Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pricing for Carpet Cleaning
    Posted: 24/July/2010 at 4:53am
Hi there everyone, I'm a total newby when it comes to carpet cleaning. I am going to begin my own carpet cleaning business in the the next 12 months and I'm in the process of researching the best way to get my business started and to make it profitable.

I live in the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; I'm going to be starting with a Ninja 200psi with heat and will have a Dodge minivan to use for my business. Now, I have a couple of questions:

1) To get my business off the ground I would market heavily to apartment owners/managers. I would offer them a free demo of my skills and equipment capability; I will also use kijiji and Craiglist exentsively to get customers. My goal here is to work my past clients very intensively and seek referrals from all of my customers; I want a business that is built upon past clients and referrals. I don't like the idea of spending money on advertising and fliers and that sort of thing. Besides your equipment, I just don't believe that you can 'buy' your way into success in this business. Does this particular marketing plan appear to be a practical method of gaining a repeatable and sustainable business?

2) I really don't know how to price my carpet cleaning services. I have read on this forum different people saying that they charge anywhere from .10/sq. ft to .50/sq. ft. . What are you Technicians charging in the Vancouver, British Columbia area? I don't like the idea of servicing your clients customers for next to nothing just to get the job, but I also don't want to price myself out of the business by charging too high. I do believe that people will would rather pay a good price for a good quality job, rather than paying a low baller to do a lousy job. I would like to eliminate the low quality customers who only care about saving a penny. I want only those customers who are willing to pay for a consciensous, talented, and knowledgeable carpet cleaning technician. So what kind of pricing would accomplish this objective?

Again, I'm still in the planning stages.

Thanks everyone

Formula
Sponsored Links

Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 2:20am
Call around your surrounding areas for carpet cleaning. Take a acceptable average from all the rates you encoutered over your research. Then do the math on your Chems, equip, and time etc. that should help you confirm a ball park figure. As the owner one of the best parts is being able to INSTANTLY adjust prices to meet or fit the situation. nothing really written in stone, plus alot of bait and switchers have ridiculous ads....
I am in NorCal and am "introducing" myself to the area for $0.25-35 a SF. not including spotting and vac. i charge $10 per room to vac, $10 to dump wastewater (if on septic), and i have all sorts of combos and add ons i try out. no "silver bullet" yet, but i definatly plan on hiking prices sometime in the next few months.
"A'ohe hana nui ka alu'ia."
Translation: No task is too big when done together.

Lanakila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanakila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 2:22am
when my clients get a taset of my customer service skills, i could sell ice to an eskimo
"A'ohe hana nui ka alu'ia."
Translation: No task is too big when done together.

patricia20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patricia20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2010 at 11:51pm
We hired a cleaning services last week to clean our carpet. I think the cost of the cleaning service depends on the job they have done. Sometimes we pay according to the number of carpets they will clean, but there was a time we paid a whole day wage for cleaning.
 Post Reply Post Reply