Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Forced Hot Air Soot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forced Hot Air Soot
    Posted: 26/February/2010 at 2:36pm
I recently cleaned a home that had been shut up for several years (yes) with the forced hot air heating left on. 

There was a border of soot 1 inch wide along the edges of all the wall-to-wall carpets with occasional fingers of soot coming into the center of the room, 6-8 inches long.

My bonnet cleaning method would not touch this dirt at all.  I ended up resorting to hand scrubbing with my usual encapsulating spot cleaners. The job took more than twice as long as it should have, and I worked until exhaustion.  I removed  95% of the soot in most places,  50% in others.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to clean in this situation?
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2010 at 6:09pm
This is a common cleaning challenge called filtration lines. You need a stand up 3 inch wand for comfort and products are made specifically for this application. But yes, part of the challenge is elbow grease and an extremely hot water extractor.

Jon K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2010 at 8:19pm
Thanks for this information !
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2010 at 12:31pm
Dry foam shampoo in a small bucket with light agitation is my prep for this followed by normal bonnet cleaning works for me 100% of the time.  Adds very little time to the job for me.  No extractors are brought to my jobs anymore. 

I don't do chinese restaurants or automotive waiting rooms.  I don't do water damage.  I just clean carpets the bonnet way.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Jon K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2010 at 2:50pm
Fantastic! Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply