Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Using PH Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using PH Testing
    Posted: 21/October/2009 at 8:48pm
Do any of you test spots or stains for PH? I know you want to nutralize the stain but isn't that what the stain remover you are using supposed to do? Also PH testing is only good for water based stains, so I've been told. I've been just using which ever spotter that works. Is PH testing needed or is this a thing of the past? Thanks Rick
happy cleaning
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2009 at 7:09pm
If you are cleaning and using a good prespray there is very little use for spot removers.   As far as checking the ph just follow the rule of spot removal beginning with a VDS and your good to go? Just follow the instructions on the spotting kit?
Just My opinion
John Hilbrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hilbrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2010 at 2:31pm

I just visual identify.  How do you ph test a spot anyway.  I supose if you wet it and then get the moisture on a ph stick but I think this would only work on a spot with a lot of residue, and that needs a low ph neutralizer and thats pretty obvious from the soap or browning it creates.

Sometimes you just have to go for it.
My website: http://www.hilbrandscarpetcare.com
 Post Reply Post Reply