Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Corner Padding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corner Padding
    Posted: 25/August/2009 at 8:19pm
A little concerning as the last post in this thread was 2 weeks ago, but maybe I'll get some help.

I'm thinking about embarking on the VLM side of cleaning and had a quick question that maybe someone here can answer.  CORNERS....Do the OP machines get them, or do you have to follow up with a porty or something?  Just wondering as it seems a little odd that a circular machine could get the corners of a room.  Also the same goes for edges such as right next to the crown molding.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 9:18pm
crown molding I have never oped a ceiling?? they get along the baseboards and corners fine with a cotton pad.Guitar
Just My opinion
AZCleaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 10:10pm

Thumbs Up  Good for you for catching that one  :D  Can't believe I said crown molding.  Yeah, meant base boards.  Just read a post by Diva saying the use of a 17" OP with 25" pads works very well.  Just concerned about the agitation and such when there would be no weight on the material in the corner.  Thanks for the embarrassment though.  Much appreciated...Head Bat

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 11:27pm
Hysterical

"We Don't Clean Corners We cut them" ..

LOL Big smile Cry Smile Tongue Ouch Clap Angry Approve Unhappy Cool LOL

FreshAire View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshAire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2009 at 6:03am
use pads that are slightly oversized and you'll get to the edges easy as, may need to do a bit of hand detailing around the corners, or simply rake it in when you re-set the pile. Raking wil still supply agitation if you get right into it with a bit of elbow grease....
 Post Reply Post Reply