Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Spot Appeared after drying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bccarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spot Appeared after drying
    Posted: 05/April/2009 at 9:34pm
I cleaned some carpet came out great. Lady calls me two days later as tells me three spots appeared in three different areas of the house.  Went back to reclean.  The spots are orangish in appearance like a circle.  I re-presprayed and extracted and they where gone. called me back again came back!  The spots were not there orginally so I have no clue could it be something in the pad that got pulled up.  It may be rust the house had lots of rust stains but these spots are pretty big.  The carpet is off white probably 20 years old.  Any suggestions on how to remove.  I only used prespray enzyme and hot water extraction no other soap or chemicals.  Thanks
Sponsored Links

SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2009 at 11:00pm

Wicking problem. It's pretty popular with olefin berbers but can happen with other kinds of carpets too. You are not removing the spot, only pushing it down into the bottom of the carpet. As it dries, through evaporation, it rises to the top again. Try using an oscillating pad and be sure to speed dry the carpet. It you can't remove the spot, at least make sure it stays down there at the bottom! Wink

Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2009 at 2:47am
Try using and emulsifier in your extraction wash then mist on some acid rinse and speed dry with an airmover for 30 mins
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
AnthonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2009 at 7:20am
Iam with ripit on that ,but also dry pad.
 Post Reply Post Reply