Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Yellowpages.com Sponsored Listings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellowpages.com Sponsored Listings
    Posted: 01/April/2009 at 7:42pm
I'm just curious to know if anyone here ever tried a sponsored listing on yellowpages.com so that you are listed above all the free listings. If you tried it, do you think it was worth it? 
Sponsored Links

SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2009 at 11:14pm
Isn't a sponsored listing like $249 a month? That's what the rep told me last time they called. You're listed right next to Sears, Macy's, Stanley Steemer, and ChemDry or you can finance a web site with a monthly SEO consultant for the same amount. Do your research. I pay just about that every month. For the keywords carpet cleaning ny, and carpet cleaning new york I went from page 37 to page 7 to page 2. I should be on the first page for those keywords (over 10 thousand monthly searches) within 30 days. There's not a franchise in site.
Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2009 at 9:56am
I think the price must go by the area where you are from because the highest monthly charge I see is $41 per month for a "platinum listing". I had to enter my zip code and that's why I'm guessing the price varies by area. I already have my site ranked well in all the major search engines so at this time I'm not really looking to have it optimized.

I was curious about the featured listings because even though my company name starts with an "A" I randomly appear on the last pages, even when you select to view companies alphabetically. Several of my customers and prospective customers found me on yellowpages.com but only because they clicked on my town name on the side to limit the number of cleaners that show up. Since I'm the only cleaner in my small town, they called me.

I can't justify an ad in the local printed yellow pages, but I'm considering to give the featured listing on the site a try to see what kind of results I get.
SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2009 at 10:38pm
I hope it works well for you. If you spend $41, with a 20% monthly marketing budget and a $200 average order, you will only need 1-2 job per month for a successful campaign. Good luck!
Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
 Post Reply Post Reply