Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Travertine floor cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAM KING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travertine floor cleaning
    Posted: 29/March/2009 at 8:39pm
   Hey guys I just wanted to know how you guys clean Travertine floors and how much do you charge to do them.  I've had a few inquiries from some of my carpet customers and it's money I would really like to take advantage of.  I already clean ceramic tile and grout and strip and wax commercial floor, but I have never cleaned or seen how travertine is cleaned.  Any advice will help thanks.
Sponsored Links

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2009 at 1:29pm
Travertine being a natural stone, you just have to use the regular precautionary tests.
 Just spray your alkaline cleaner on there, let dwell, scrub with a deck brush or if large area(s) use your swing machine, use your turbo with brush ring attatched.
 Test in a small area for your alkaline just to make sure it doesn't etch.

Price........varies of course of demographice. Also how dirty is it. By this I mean if it's a honed finish or if it's porous looking surface with a lot of dirt trapped. Rough textured, I charge more.
$2 - $2.50sq/ft
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
STEAM KING View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAM KING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2009 at 2:05pm
Sounds good thanks for the advice.
Carpet Cleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2009 at 1:46am
The Best way to clean Traverting Floor

i have travertine flooring in the kitchen, hallway, foyer, laundry room and all the bathrooms. I only used hot water and a mop or by hand for the first four years or so. i never felt like the floor was clean, so i started to use just a drop of floor cleaner, and just a drop, and this probably made no difference in cleaning the floor. We had the floor resealed a year ago; i'm on the fence about how often to have this done; I hear so many different stories, then one of My friend suggest me to go for a professional I did the same and they used the Shark Steam Mop . After mopping it four times, over 3 weeks, the pads are not as black anymore. The only problem is that I have streaks and I'm not sure if it's because of the stone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2009 at 5:27pm
Streaks may be caused by the sealer in the stone

Your PROFESSIONAL used a Shark Steam mop?

Edited by Mark McMaster - 16/July/2009 at 5:28pm

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2009 at 7:43am
hmmmmmmmmm, what will happen to this stone in a few days when it get hit with traffic?
All those scraches will get fill with dirt and the floor will look like crap again.
Consider remove the dirt traps by grinding the stone.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2009 at 4:52pm
Hi again JohSmile

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2009 at 5:10pm
Hi Mark Mc Master.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Post Reply Post Reply