Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How Long Should a Truckmount last?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 12:02pm
Ken:  I am still not convinced that it is cheaper to run a 350 chevy or whatever for less than a 2 or 4 cylinder unit on a slide in .  Those are also costs weather they are repairs or not.Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 3:35pm

well I know why SG your truck lasted so long... you don't do much work... my cleano works 6 days a week on average 36 jobs a week... trust me it breaks down... over the last year I've dropped 12 grand into the truck including 2 trannies...

with my slide in... in the last year I've spent $0.00 only oil changes same amount of daily work...

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 7:03pm
Mr. Steamer:  I think you need another slide in. That cd doesn't make the balance sheet look to impressive.Guitar
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 10:49pm
Ken:  Mr. Steamer needs that tm that dosen't require maintenance and dosen't breakdown that you have.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2004 at 11:23pm

I have one...my prochem legend... I would want anything else..except a 405 but thats another story...

doug when your going to sell give me a call...seriously

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 2:33pm
Steamer: You are right about the working hours on my unit. 10 hours per week average for the last 3 years. They do last a long time when used like that. No doubt. Any decent unit would.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:58pm
mine will run an average of 6.5 hours a day...everyday
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I have one...my prochem legend... I would want anything else..except a 405 but thats another story...

doug when your going to sell give me a call...seriously

Mr. Steamer:  My equipment  usually has low hours on it when I replace them. The units certainly donot work 6.5 hrs a day.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 9:37pm
sold sold sold... when your looking to upgrade doug...I'm looking for a 405..keep me in mind anyways...... I wanna get in a rip out it's guts, and replace everything with black steam pipe...oooooooo baby tickles my heart just thinking about it
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 11:32pm

I know what you mean Mr Steamer. Until 5 years ago when I changed my full time job over to manufacturing and sales from carpet cleaning; I used to put in 2000 hrs per year on the TM myself over about 300 working days per year. Works out to the same 6.5 hours per day you run now.

Superglide Ken

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 1:41pm

damn SG you where sure pushing wand....  I get burnt out every now and then... I think of just getting two guys to run the trucks... but know one works like me.  I will not loose my own customers of some other guys buck ups

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 4:03pm
You need guys you can trust for sure. I couldn't stop the CC myself until I hired my nephews to do the work. Then i sold them 51% of it so that they would keep doing it right without me needing to babysit them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12