Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Basics of Duct cleaning??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2009 at 7:19pm
The fact is wheelie, you cannot have a complete cleaning system for the $299 starter price, and you know it and I know it. The starting price of $299 only gets you started with the tool and brush for dryer vent cleaning. In most cases you need to spend another $400 to add the brushes to get you into what you need to do the round ducts in the system. That brings the price up to $699. If the state the cleaner is operating in requires a HVAC licence to cut into the duct work , then that is what they use. Added to most TMS it does the job for that part of the system that can be cleaned. 

Edited by kkForumAdmin - 13/October/2009 at 9:47pm
Sponsored Links

wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2009 at 5:53am
Oh I see, thanks for the info Ken. Went to the site to see your system but was not listed, atleast that I could find to look at. I am not trying to make anyone mad I am just trying to understand. Trunk lines hold all the dirt cause dirt goes in return air and over time no matter what filter you have some goes through into the heat side. Then goes down the heat trunk and cannot make the jump up to the takeoff into the round pipe. Any dirt in round pipes stays at the boot becuse air forces it to stay at the end. If a whole system doesn't get cleaned you are not changing any air quality and really not doing anything for the home owner. Owner could shove a vacuum line down round pipe and most of the time do the same thing.
I inspect entire system and one could eat off any part of my system when I am done. Most duct cleaning jobs I do take me 4 to 5 hours. Never done a home in less than 3 hours so I get a little up tight when people say it should just take an hour or so.
A1 ChemDry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1 ChemDry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2010 at 9:43am
If you want the basics here is a quick flash video that I made about duct cleaning for my company. furnace duct cleaning Read the text below the flash file.

Here are the basic methods of duct cleaning:

1. Standard Method. This method cleans the duct system using forced air and a strong vacuum. The standard method is recommended for removing dust and debris from the ducting systems of brand new buildings only. Once a building has been occupied, moisture in the air causes the dust to stick to the interior of the ducts, so the building must be cleaned using a more advanced technology.
  2. Power Whip/Viper Method. This method is suitable for most cleaning tasks. A power whip cleaning tool is used along with forced air and vacuum to dislodge dirt and debris from the ducts. All commercial, industrial, and institutional cleaning involves either the Power Whip or Pneumatic Brush method (described below).
  3. Pneumatic Brush Method. This is the most advanced of the three cleaning methods, giving superior cleaning results. In the pneumatic brush method, hi-tech rotating brushes and a strong vacuum are used to clean the ducts. The use of this technology is common in hospital and institutional cleaning, where very high standards of cleanliness are required. White-glove testing of the ducting should detect no dust residue after this method of cleaning has been used.
  4. In Commercial applications depending on the duct size we will use one of the above methods or even robotic methods like in video found on this page: http://homeprosgroup.com/duct-cleaning/commercial-duct-cleaning-services/
Hope this information helps you, if you need more information or decide to get very serious about duct cleaning then you should consider joining NADCA.

Fort McMurray Carpet Cleaners http://www.a1carpetcleaning.net
And a proud member of http://www.homeprosgroup.com
albertperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 11:31pm
Clean air ducts allow the system to work more efficiently and provide the homeowners with a healthier environment. If you want to prevent mold and allergy problems in your home, you need to clean your air ducts annually.

Hire a licensed contractor that specializes in mold remediation or duct cleaning if you have air pollution problems, such as a buildup of allergens in your duct system. Proper duct cleaning should take several hours and involve extensive preparation to ensure that mold spores are not being released inside the home.

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 12:48am
That is exactly what us professional carpet cleaners would do even if we do air ducts.  We will hire a professional.  I have problems growing mold spores in my place.  Perhaps you can teach us your trade secrets?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12