Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Car oil on carpet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car oil on carpet
    Posted: 15/September/2008 at 12:11am
Hey folks:
I've got a few quarts of old motor oil that has spilled onto the carpet my my tahoe (darn hired help!), and was wondering how to get it out.  I've done the obvious mopping up of what i can and have tried several well-known carpet cleaners, to no avail.  No, i have not yet attempted steam cleaning.  As i'm new to this board, i figured i'd also let you know that i'm not a professional in the cleaning business but just a guy trying to get his truck cleaned.  Any help would be definitely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Erik
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2008 at 12:26am
If it's a few quarts, replace the carpet and pad. It will have soaked through both and coated the metal underneath. Look on the bright side, there will never be any rust under thereBig%20smile

The STD Meter
etoews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2008 at 12:28am
thanks a ton for your post on the carpet issue.  i guess i need better help ;)

erik
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2008 at 1:00am
Sorry. Just being realistic. It would be too time consuming to try and remove that much oil from a carpetOuch

The STD Meter
etoews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2008 at 1:05am
I appreciate your realism.  I'll just have to tell my next guests to not take their shoes off :)

erik
Carpet Cleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpet Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2009 at 2:37am
There are many carpet cleaning chemicals available you can use any of them most of them are useful for removing oil from carpet. As you said you are not professional I would suggest you not to do it on your own either get help from someone who has done this before or hire a professional.
hadwinhal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hadwinhal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2009 at 6:00am
Thanks for the post,!!It is a cool one..
 Post Reply Post Reply