Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cat & dog urine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cat & dog urine
    Posted: 31/August/2008 at 5:17pm
Im new to the buisness what are the best procedures on cat and dog urine
I just started carpet & tile cleaning buisness. Any proffessionals that can answer any questoins i may have i would greatley appriciate it.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2008 at 5:44pm
Kill the animal, get rid of the carpet. Problem solvedBig%20smile

The STD Meter
Lynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2008 at 7:18pm
cmaster, very funny, very thought almost became words at house today. Dog is 16 yrs old, house riddled with, feces and urine. Customer completely did not understand my inability to remove all.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2008 at 6:38am
Yeah. Some customers just don't get itWacko

The STD Meter
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2008 at 3:09am
A home is not a manger or a barn unless all you have is livestock living with pigs.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
carla4297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carla4297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2008 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Ross Ross wrote:

Im new to the buisness what are the best procedures on cat and dog urine

Hi Ross!

I work for a rather small business company specialiced in hard-to-remove stain problems. We also co-operate with a local carpet producer and help them develop carpets that are easier to clean, including special protection films and so on. The only true answer to your question is: It depends. You wouldn't guess how different the solution can be not only depending on the species of the animal, but also the race! What works most of the time is steam cleaning with a little lemon juice, but that is more a personal than a professional advice. And: It's disgusting, but the more you know about urine the better you know your enemy. ;-)

Hope I could help you,
Cheers,
Carla
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2009 at 8:23pm
All I do is spray down urine neutralizer from my supplier then extract with the wand. Then I clean as normal procedure.

I believe the product is acidic and dissolves urine salts that alkaline presprays would have no effect on.
SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2009 at 11:18am

Assuming the urine is on the surface of the carpet, enzymes mixed into my prespray work great. If the urine has an odor even after cleaning, you may need to clean and seal the floor and replace the padding.

Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
 Post Reply Post Reply