Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Panther Truckmount 18 HP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panther Truckmount 18 HP
    Posted: 13/August/2004 at 12:01am

Have about 10 grand. As of now have a portable with no heater. I do not want to purchase something with thousands of hours not to mention someone elses problems.

I have seen the Panther line and Symphony line on the Steambrite.com and a third from  Carpet Cleaning Services Supply  that has one that uses propane. All of these use Kholer Engines 18Hp. They are all almost identicle. I am told these are simple and cheap as far as maintenance.

What does anyone think of these I plan on doing residential as welll as commercial. I am steering towards the propane but I am afraid of the possibility of it blowing up.

Can these do the job. Appreciate any input. Help!!

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 10:52am

77748   When purchasing a TM and having little past experience, yes this can become a bit of confusion. 

I know little about the Panther Line but it does appear simplified.  As far as propane is concerned, I would not even want to sell this type of unit  anymore due to safety reasons as you indicated.

If looking at used you will find low hours and exceptional value on our web site especially if paying in American dollars. We really do not like shipping used equipment to far from home. I suggest you do business with a local supplier as you may need him one day.

I don't know why I talk myself out of a sale when business is so slow. Maybe this could be the reason. 

Edited by Moderator1
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 2:18pm

Ted, because your honest... just like me

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 3:55pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

The older ya get...the more honest you become. I USED to be a great liar.

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Mr.Mike Mr.Mike wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

The older ya get...the more honest you become. I USED to be a great liar.

The scary thing about all this honesty is?  You have been repeating the same line of bull sh** for so long you are starting to believe it yourself.Guitar

Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 5:50pm
Isn't it amazing how easily we are side tracked from the actually post that was posted.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 8:44pm
Ted sold himself out of a sale... if that aint honest I don't know what is... you have to read between the lines Adwa and doug
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 9:15pm
Nr.Steamer:  It wasn't Ted I was referring to.Guitar
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2006 at 12:41am

Someone that had a Panther TM said what a piece of junk it was so loud it could wake up dead people.

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2006 at 1:19pm
It is junk. Avoid unless you like dealing with lots of problems, IMO.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2006 at 11:25pm

Save up another 2k and get something nice. PowerClean, ProChem, Diablo, Accelerated.

I have used/owned 4 portables

timbucktoo, Cobra, NSS, Recoil

I have owned 2 TM's

20hp panther (used) for 6months sold  on divorce.

PowerClean Freedom XT-45.. Use now. Love it.

Post Reply Post Reply