Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

easy to upsell????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 11:10pm
Sell but do a kick ass job...it's that simple..
Sponsored Links

jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2009 at 11:39pm
I never upset, I used photo shop to create a page with all of my services on it, and put that in my presintaion folder...people read it when they are sitting down, and I always get additional services with out pressure
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2009 at 11:36am
We
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2009 at 11:40am
We have recently started sending emails out to our customers when we book the call. It has a list of the things to do before the cleaner gets there and it has a brochure on Carpet Protector  and Anti-allergen cleaning.
It is all based on the premise that the customer has no where to hide from you when they are in their own homes----and they are caught with an unexpected salespitch. The email now prepares them for the inevitable pitch and they feel informed  AND AREN'T CAUGHT UNAWARE..
It seems to be working, hopefully we will be able to increase our cheerleaders and repeat customer ratios.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2009 at 12:31pm
Perpare for the inevitable??? Just what the hell does that mean?? You mean so they aren't caught with their guard down so they can avoid all the high pressure BS?? Just what everyone wants more spam??

Edited by doug - 08/February/2009 at 12:33pm
Just My opinion
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 4:30pm
There is the inevitable upsell on everything Doug. Everywhere from McDonalds to the Banks.
I bought a fridge at The Brick and they wanted to sell me the extended warranty. After I said no, they said "Í musn't understand" and called another person over to 'ëxplain it to me". I then asked this guy how much it would cost to not try and sell me the warranty extention. He looked quite confused. I repeated myself and then offered $10. to him to leave me alone.
The point is WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING--the salespitch that is. But we can always leave the store eh.
With the carpet cleaners in the home its different. The customer has no where to hide. They feel invaded in their own home. This approach has eleviated the shock of the salespitch. They don't have the "why didn't the girl on the phone mention it" syndrome.
It works for us quite well.
As for your rude remarks about SPAM. There are instructions on how to prepare for the carpet cleaner, a stain removal chart, info on anti-allergen and info on protector.
We ask them IF THEY WANT TO RECEIVE THIS EMAIL AND ASK THEM FOR THEIR ADDRESS.
Who sh*t in your corn flakes Doug?
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 4:47pm
It is all based on the premise that the customer has no where to hide from you when they are in their own homes----and they are caught with an unexpected salespitch. The email now prepares them for the inevitable pitch and they feel informed  AND AREN'T CAUGHT UNAWARE..
It seems to be working, hopefully we will be able to increase our cheerleaders and repeat customer ratios.

I called my whole family in to my computer room to have a good laugh at that...

is that joe polish BS?
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2009 at 10:55am
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

There is the inevitable upsell on everything Doug. Everywhere from McDonalds to the Banks.
I bought a fridge at The Brick and they wanted to sell me the extended warranty. After I said no, they said "Í musn't understand" and called another person over to 'ëxplain it to me". I then asked this guy how much it would cost to not try and sell me the warranty extention. He looked quite confused. I repeated myself and then offered $10. to him to leave me alone.
The point is WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING--the salespitch that is. But we can always leave the store eh.
With the carpet cleaners in the home its different. The customer has no where to hide. They feel invaded in their own home. This approach has eleviated the shock of the salespitch. They don't have the "why didn't the girl on the phone mention it" syndrome.
It works for us quite well.
As for your rude remarks about SPAM. There are instructions on how to prepare for the carpet cleaner, a stain removal chart, info on anti-allergen and info on protector.
We ask them IF THEY WANT TO RECEIVE THIS EMAIL AND ASK THEM FOR THEIR ADDRESS.
Who sh*t in your corn flakes Doug?
Tony the Tiger
I guess that is why when I read ads for carpet cleaners the co's are more interested in a sales background than a cleaning background. why is that?? Is it the more we do to give the impression to the poor customer that they are actually getting a deal the poorer job we can do for the uneducated  price shopping customer?
Just My opinion
Brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2017 at 12:51am
In my opinion, both are the same.
KimberlyHull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimberlyHull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2019 at 6:30am
Great.
TipTopCleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipTopCleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Searsguy Searsguy wrote:

got a question for you guys and gals.  when branching out on your own is it harder to upsell on the scotchgard than say working for a name like sears?  is it the name people trust or what?  i am kinda thinking that it will be harder to upsell just because i wont use the sears name anyore. am i right?  it is really an awesome feeling when a custy ASKS for the gard without you even trying.  of course working for sears that is our main money maker is upselling. kinda sucks when you do a trashed out place and no upsell.  sweat your TongueAngryCoolDead's off for crap dollar.  so what do you think will it be harder to upsell?  any famous selling lines you care to share?

It's true that a well-established brand like Sears can carry a level of trust and recognition that may make up-selling easier. However, the success of up-selling often boils down to your personal approach and the value you communicate. Without the Sears name, you have the opportunity to build a brand around yourself. Reliable, dedicated, and with a personal touch.

Highlight the benefits of Scotchgard fabric protector in a way that resonates with your customers. Perhaps emphasize its ability to prolong the life of their carpets, making future cleaning sessions easier and more effective. Share success stories or positive experiences from other clients who opted for the extra protection. It's all about creating a narrative that makes Scotchgard not just a service but a smart investment.

As for selling lines, consider something like, "Give your carpets the VIP treatment they deserve with our Scotchgard protection. It's not just cleanliness, it's a shield against future spills and stains, ensuring your investment stays as fresh as the day it was cleaned."

Building trust and providing value can make customers willingly ask for the "gard" without you even breaking a sweat!
TipTopCleaning: Elevating Cleanliness to a Whole New Standard!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123