Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

$$$what's up with pricing$$$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 8:32pm
Kenny you would steel from yourself if you knew how!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 8:43pm
1000-2000 a month seems like a bit much for a one man starter operation. especially if you are advertising by knocking on doors, but I guess it depends what you consider to be company expenses.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:56pm
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by DCC DCC wrote:

It is an interesting phenomenon, Sears and SS get THEIR prices not matter what. And provide far inferior service. If you are good, stick to your guns. I have found price to be the hardest part of a business.

Recognized names = higher perceived value.  Try taking out an ad in the schools PTA newsletter.  Buys you some goodwill.  Then make sure your fliers are in the neighborhoods served by that school.

Name recognition.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2008 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Nope. I wouldn't even steal from YOUR mother, Hammy. I am toohonest a person for that.

Read Winning Through Intimidation by Robert J Ringer.  You will find Kenny in there.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2008 at 3:07am
the phone book actually worked for you???...We've not a made a penny from it! Can't wait till its overLightning%20Strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2008 at 11:36pm
Phone book is better for flood restoration. 

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:50pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 3:01am
Phone book is for price shoppers. Unfortunately most of us need to be in thereThumbs%20Down

The STD Meter
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Phone book is for price shoppers. Unfortunately most of us need to be in thereThumbs%20Down

And for those annoying telephone solicitors out to sell us on THEIR "sure to get you more business, can you handle more business?" ego building and capital shrinking song and dance.  If I have never heard of them, I figure my potential customer hasn't either. 

Here in my area, TV ads (purchased from the local station itself and not the cable company) go for about $7/per view.  Radio ads are more expensive for some reason at upwards to $70/per play.  The local newspaper is the most expensive at $600 for a decent small ad, single run. 

Put them together with the yellow page ad so they have the can find the number they can't remember and that should be enough but fliers really kick it up. 

It is not where they heard of you but where they found the number they just called that explains where the yellow pages comes into play.  They kinda remember the name but the phone number (no matter how many times they hear it or see it as is the case with television) evades them.  They know where to look for the information.

It may be that asking "where did you hear about us?" should be followed with "where did you find the phone number when you called?  Was it on an ad, flier or in the phone book?"  The answer will be print ad, flier, yellow pages or white pages I suspect and in that order.

I'm just saying that the purpose of the yellow page ad is to help the prospect find the number they don't have in front of them (as is the case with someone driving and hearing your radio ad) or committed to memory and that the larger the ad, the easier you are to spot (rather than them finding the competitors ad and thinking bigger ad, bigger company, better service).

This moment of stupidity has been brought to you by Scamly Skeemer, setting low standards, making local pros shine.  Scamly Skeemer, yellow mean caution.  Scamly Skeemer, we only look like carpet cleaners. 

Edited by duckcountry - 13/March/2008 at 1:15pm
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by DeepScrub DeepScrub wrote:

I started cleaning carpet on my own in august of 07!Not to brag but I feel I do very good work.However it's starting to get difficult to keep jobs with low lifes cleaning rooms for $10 with a floor scruber and no extraction."People call and say well this guy did it for this etc"...It really is starting to piss me off!!Customers think I should clean their carpet for dirt cheap!

Why did they call you and not him?  Tell them he went out of business from cleaning carpet that cheap.  Or tell them you don't have his number and they should look it up in the phone book.

They are lying to you.  You return the favor.  They may have seen an ad once for that price but they want you or someone like you for that price and they will lie to get it. 

Clean is an action (as in to perform cleaning motions) and a state of being (as in down to the backing clean).  Do they want a circus performer or a miracle worker?

I still say buyers are liars.

Edited by duckcountry - 13/March/2008 at 1:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 9:41pm
head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.head on, just apply to the forehead.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:48pm
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2008 at 1:41am
WHATS THE NAME OF THAT...OH YEA HEAD ONHead%20Crack
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2008 at 1:48am
And just who are you blaming? Are you a sole proprietor or do you have a payroll? If you are a sole proprietor you might be asking too much in your area.

I operate solo and make a 64% profit charging 12.5 cents a square foot (2 cents cleaning supplies / 2.5 cents covers insurance, gas, taxes, misc operating costs / the remaining 8 cents is profit) Of course I am in a rural area. My service area covers about 30 thousand homes and about 700 businesses. Not a wealthy area. Lowering prices in todays economy might bring in more business, if you can do it.

Find ways to cut operating costs. Buy cleaners at bulk discount rates. Do your own accounting.

Make a good impression on the customer. Invest in uniforms and business cards.   Set an image when visiting businesses to obtain contracts. Commercial businesses are 95% of my job market.

Create a business model. Start one from scratch. Find contracts! good luck... but it works!

Edited by MBCC - 29/May/2008 at 11:48pm
"Quality service guaranteed"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12