Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Will this truckmount work for me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 8:01pm
$400 to $500 a month will get you a very nice new truckmount with a tax write off. You can do it for less and still have a new unit. I my self never owned a new unit and was always repairing a unit. If I was going to do it over again I would buy a new unit. Down time costs money, breakdowns on the job just plain suck! Why would you want to spend your off time repairing or trouble shooting instead of building your business?? Confused
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 8:20pm
yeah but I had a new unit  that i worked on constantly lol

u never know

if you're not mechanical yet insist on a TM i'd go with a pto

and as far as employees running it.............i'd definately go pto
A.K.A.
Andy
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 8:22pm
Sorry Andy but you had a sh*tty dealer
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 8:27pm
Well, let see, If you are talking about a new truckmount (Direct Drive) there is no way to thinking in that with this budget. Now if we are focus on slide-in units I can tell you some prices here in Calgary where I am located. Prochem Blazer new unit: with $ 3000 down, your monthly payments are around $ 550 on 36 months on approved credit and if you put $ 5000 down your payments going down to $ 365 monthly. And one step more is the truck. We don't now if he already have one to put de unit in.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 8:56pm
Nobody said anything about a pto unit, In fact if you think you  are going to buy a truck and unit that is any good for $6000 you deserve what you have comming to you! I understood that he was talking about the unit itself.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:03pm
go for that used unit to start...  just order a extra engine..and a back up pump...  you'll be fine
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:27pm
You'll be fine until you have to replace that new engine.. Man that is alot of work.. downtime.. Hope you know some good TM mechanics..
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:49pm
The real decision will come down to how handy you are and how willing you are to spend the time and money on repairs.  If you have a garage full of tools you can't wait to use, buy used in the $3000 - $4000 (trust me you will use those tools at that price range).  If you don't have the know-how or the will to fix a machine (not to mention a garage) and have a dealer near you that will service the machine under a warranty, I say buy a new "brand name machine" in the range of  $10,000 - $12,000 (a starter machine).  If you want a reasonable sort of guarantee that it will run for at least two years, and your a bit of a gambler, buy a new "brand x machine" in the range of $6000 - $9000.  If you only have $7000 in the first place, I would say do a lease option on any of the options above and keep the money for advertising or worse case scenario money and lets not forget the vehicle.    

Edited by FuzzSucker - 07/January/2009 at 12:09am
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:56pm
Usually New you get 2-3yr warranty on the engine.. 5yrs on the wastetank and frame.. 1-2 on the pump and HX'ers.. After that its on your 1000's...LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:56pm
One other thing to mention, if you do buy used, buy from an individual that has owned the machine for most of its life and has been in the business for a while.  Large companies can have a hundred people working for them that used and abused those machines to death.  Also with an individual you can call them if some problem arises, if they have had that thing for five or so years most people will be more than happy to give you a word of advice over the phone.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 07/January/2009 at 12:09am
cleanerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2008 at 10:55am
Hey guys,

I can't thank you enough for the immediate relplies. There are more helpful than you can imagine.

A new machine is absolutely a possibility. I just have to justify to my investor that it is worth the extra expencem, and from what I hear it ilikely is.

I am completely new to this industry. I have absolutely zero experience with the emchanical workings of the truckmount machines. I will be learning quickly I'm sure, but if the thing goes ... I'm s.o.l.

Sounds like I can tell him 10-12k will get us a new truckmount unit that is a decent brand. For this price can I get 200-250 ft of hoses and my wand as well. Or will there be an additional cost for all of my supplies?

The vehicles are seperate from the money I'm looking to spend on the machine. So I'm not looking for both for 6k. Getting a line of credit on the machine will not be a problem. I'm just wanting to keep operating expences as low as possible without having any more downtime due to breakdowns than nessicary.

Thanks again all. Sorry about the no name or location ... not hiding anything ... I'm in Northern Colorado. Just haven't had the time to fill out the profile. It will be coming soon.

Mike
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2008 at 11:51am
Good point fuzz..

Like you said above cleaneng you will be working 2 shifts.. A new TM would pay itself off pretty fast.. And you will have a warranty and support for troubleshooting..

Buy new.. Its worth it.. Don't be afraid to take a risk.. You only live once man.. I did..............Big%20smile  It was a good choice..

Good luck on your decision..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2008 at 11:18pm
SoCO here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12