Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Protection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protection
    Posted: 13/June/2004 at 8:55pm
Mr. Streamer:  I don't mean to call you the Trogan Man but?  I was wondering what you other cleaners put under upholstery you are cleaning on hardwood floors? Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2004 at 10:53pm
I have rubber back drop sheets...six of them in the truck at all times...I wash them all the time so they are nice and white!!!!!!!!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2004 at 10:20am
Mr. Stramer:  Instead of the Trogan Man you are the Man from Glad the white tornado!  We actually use undeGuitarrpad scrim up works well.
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2004 at 11:16pm
Shaving my head bald and getting an earing ....so I can look like Mr. Clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2004 at 10:02pm
would you use Teflon on silk or 100% cotton???
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 1:41pm
does anyone find teflon based gard hard to handle????
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 2:06pm

Steamer

Did you Teflon that chair before your avatar lady sat into it.

I am waiting to see if she slips off!!!

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2004 at 3:05pm

SG Ken finds Teflon hard to handle. Those Teflon glides keep slipping out of his hands.

On a more serious note.
Most consumers think of Teflon in a frying pan not on carpets. Now SCOTCHGARD is a different story. 3M have spent millions on Scotchgard advertising. Why not capitalize on it??? It's a tv pre-sold product.

You don't need to sell it.

Simply suggest it.

Now if you are protecting fine furniture always use a solvent base as opposed to water base. May cost more but Safer, Safer, Safer.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 4:17pm
This is true.... water based can surely cost headaches
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 5:16pm
Ken:  How is it safer. For the person applying it?? For the homeowner inhaleing it?  Are you informing the homeowner before hand??  We also use  a solvernt based protrctor,  But don't tell me it is safer.  Becaues I will Have to tell you, you are full of sh**.Guitar
Just My opinion
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 3:48pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Ken:  How is it safer. For the person applying it?? For the homeowner inhaleing it?  Are you informing the homeowner before hand??  We also use  a solvernt based protrctor,  But don't tell me it is safer.  Becaues I will Have to tell you, you are full of sh**.Guitar

You are wacking the wrong guy doug. I said safer, safer, safer. Give Ken a break for a moment or so. But I agree the solvent protector may be safer for the fabric and dyes. But not necessarily the people's pets and indoor quality.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2004 at 4:20pm
Thanks Ted. I get wacked enough for the things I DO say without adding on all the things I don't. Okay, resume the wacking!
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 2:00pm
he didn't mean safer as in health wise douggie... he ment in wreck furniture wise... get it?????
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2005 at 5:29pm
I concur that solvent base is safer on fine funiture cause it will dry faster. The faster it drys the safer for all.
 Post Reply Post Reply