Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

In Place Drying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clean&dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Place Drying
    Posted: 06/June/2004 at 1:19am

Who is doing it?  Is the insurance indusrty really going this way?  Hydro X - do you own one?

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2004 at 10:02am

No I don't own one.  One has to know a lot more than the equasion for how much equipment to use when considering in place drying.  This is my own observation. ie

Weather R & R is cheaper

Business interption or for that matter family interuption

Where is the loss  located 1st, 2nd floor or basement

Kind of material you are attempting to dry.

Will the location support the equipment you need (hydro)

Can you guarantee you can have it dry in the time you say.

Don't get wrong they do attemp to teach and train you in the ASD cource.  But one has to maintain a level of COMMON SENCE and know your liminations.  Don't try to oversell you and your services with a false hope that nothing is impossible. Always enter these situations with an open mind and open manual and justify all you do and be all you can be in the drying business.Guitar

Just My opinion
Clean&dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clean&dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2004 at 11:58am
Thanks Doug - This is really a general question.  I agree with your thoughts.  I am curious how many people are doing it, own the equipment to do it and what the insurance companies think of it.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2004 at 2:55pm
We dried the lower level of a church.  The cost was about equal to R&R But they didn't want the mess and needed to be back on line. I was lucky I never had another claim while handeling this as it took all of my equipment.  If a job that size  came again I would contact Munters  or check with my friends to see if their equipment was available.  There was no problem regarding payment.  We have also done smaller areas in basements.  Nothing on main floors.Guitar
Just My opinion
steed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2005 at 1:59pm

we are starting to implement the top dry method , bought our first hydro-x unit ,  do believe in the method, the science does back the method up regardless of most substrate material . If one can lower the moisture content in these material to  extreme levels , moisture travels from wet to dry.

seals restorations 

Post Reply Post Reply