Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Solution Outlets Prochem Apex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solution Outlets Prochem Apex
    Posted: 12/August/2007 at 4:30pm
Hi All, let me introduce myself. My name is Mike and we just recently started a Carpet cleaning business along side of being in the flooring industry for over 20 years, i will be taking a couple IICRC classes pretty soon!

My Question:

My Prochem Apex has two solution outlets, how do i make use of them both? Lets say i am on a job that requires both carpet and upholstery cleaning, Is there a better solution to emptying out the 5 gallon container of carpet cleaning detergent and refilling it with upholstery cleaner? How do most of you do this? Multiple Jugs? What about if you had Ceramic, Carpet, and upholstery?

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by mgoddo - 12/August/2007 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 7:39am
You don't need to double post here to get an answer.Why would you need multiple jugs??
Use a good pre spray for carpets and one for upholstery. then run an ascid rinse. then if need be run an emulsifer if reall necessary. Try to keep things as simple as possible. The KISS Method????
Just My opinion
mgoddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 7:19pm
Doug,

Thanks for the double post tip, i will have to remember that next time....Since it had to do with both a truck mount and Upholstery it relates to both and considering not all people read both sections i thought it would be appropriate, sorry it that offended you.

Now back to my question, the Upholstery chemicals and Carpet chemicals run through the truck mount are different.

Thanks

Mike
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 8:52pm
Why would you run the upholstery cleaning solution threw the machine?
Just My opinion
mgoddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 9:05pm
Everything I have been reading says to use the solution through there. Would I just spray the cleaner on with a Sprayer and use the upholstery tool sonly for extracting and not running solution through it?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 9:08pm
You have been reading BS. You must be reading advertisements from chemical companies.
Just My opinion
mgoddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 9:22pm
If its not too much trouble can you explain how i would do it?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Mike
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 10:53pm
Mike, please take this advice. Before you clean anything, take the IICRC class. Drive your carpet cleaning van to the class. Get the people there to show you how it works.

Edited by CCandmore - 13/August/2007 at 10:55pm
mgoddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2007 at 11:26pm
I know how to use the van! Just curious on the upholstery tool
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2007 at 3:41pm
I have always been a Pro Chem guy. You got yourself a very good unit. All you need now is some training and some practice and you should be good to go. I don't understand what you don't knoew about the tool. is it a Pro Chem tool a dry tool just what type of tool is it. There should be a valve on the tool to adjust the pressure to the jet there will also be a vacuum relief somewhere to control the vac. What else do you want to know?
Just My opinion
mgoddo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgoddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2007 at 8:22pm
I have a dri master upholstery tool, does solution actually go through the tool? Or is it just water and Vac Suction? The tool is on its way....
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2007 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by mgoddo mgoddo wrote:

I have a dri master upholstery tool, does solution actually go through the tool? Or is it just water and Vac Suction? The tool is on its way....
water unless you put something in the chemical draw

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply