Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Micro Fiber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Micro Fiber
    Posted: 24/June/2007 at 1:03am
I have been asked to do a couch that has Micro Fiber material on it I did do 4 kitchen chairs and customer said it came out real good. My question is this was my first time do the Micro Fiber material and wanted to know if anyone has been cleaning Upholstery with this material.?   Any tips ideas any info on this cleaning process of MicroFiber. What to use to clean it etc. Also can it be Scotch Guard or teflon treated.??? Would appreciate any help in this typeof cleaning onthis material. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2007 at 1:08am
Clean it as you would other synthetics. Brush when finished to remove tool marks

The STD Meter
Thang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2007 at 3:02pm
I never scotchgard Microfiber.

Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2007 at 3:03pm
    Microfiber comes out great. I was able to remove black marker,urine,ink, dirt,grease. I use hand bonnet with green strip a neautral cleaner 7.5 PH, and just rinse with damp cloth, brush when done, and of course minimum moisture. Its pretty hard to fudge up.
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2007 at 10:52pm
just use a rotovac!Headbang
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2007 at 9:33pm
I did two micro fibre jobs this week.   Its kinda like mixing suede with leather. You have to make sure to extract really well or it leaves water spots after drying.  I do extra dry passes with the upholstery tool and keep my pressure way down on the truck mount.  Like 100-150 PSI.  Keep it a reduced pressure clean at lower temps.  Wise to keep the solutions down to 1.5 to 2 to keep from spots forming from residual cleaning solution. 

If you apply a protectant I would recommend doing it in a fine mist.  Blasting away with a Hydro Force sprayer hooked up to something like Dupont Teflon like normal will not work well on this type of material.  In fact you may choose to forget the protectant all together in this case. 

Many guys even have a soft bristle brush they use after the cleaning to even out the direction of the upholstery fibres and make it look really nice and even.   
I can remove more spots than you can.
 Post Reply Post Reply