Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

1999 Butler System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1999 Butler System
    Posted: 22/June/2007 at 7:28am
How good is a Butler System which was built in 1999.  I've found one online which seems to have all the bells and whistles the thing could have come with (Electric reel, 210 gal. recovery tank, etc.)  The system has a little over 5,000 hours though; however, it's right around my price range and it looks EMMACULATE.  The owner has rated it a 10 of 10.  I'm also wondering if someone can tell me the specs on it.  (PSI, Heat, Wacuum, etc.)  This system is around the price that I can afford.  The other options I am looking at, around this price, are Ford E150 Van with a Prochem Peak @ 350 hrs., and a 1985 Chevy van with a Prochem Performer 405.   

Anyway, thanks.

Edited by AZCleaner - 22/June/2007 at 7:45am
Sponsored Links

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2007 at 11:29am
The Butler is the best buy of that group.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2007 at 1:10pm
Ken your full of $hit..

I would never buy a TM with 5000 hrs... Don't do it..

350hrs on the Peak thats the one.. Or the 405 depending on hrs run..

I know a guy whos 25 miles from me and has a older But and another TM.. He hates his Butler..  You want to talk to him?

AZCleaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2007 at 2:08pm
The 405 has about 1400 hours on it...so it says. I'm skeptical about the Peak though. The bad part is, the van which the Peak is in, is a Ford E150. That's a half ton van with over 1,000 pounds just in the TM. Add a waste tank and such, and you're overloading the van. There's also a Vortex on JonDon for $32,500. But it has over 3,000 hours; and also has a Hyundai truck so I'm skeptical there as well. The unit is a 2000 with a 6008 blower though.Another advantage is the wrap is Lime Green, would definetely stand out :)
Thang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2007 at 6:02pm
I got a 2001 Butler....LOVE IT!! And it and runs great. Easy to maintain and reliable (Oh, except for the chemp pump....I had problems with it a few times).

I started out with a old used 1989 Butler in 2000 and it still was running when I got rid of it in 2005... I had more problems with my truck than my old Butler.

Im not gonna tell ya whicj one to pick...Because I dont have handson experience with the other two machines.

Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2007 at 6:34pm
There are 405's out there with over 12000 hours on them and still running strong?
Just My opinion
AZCleaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2007 at 1:09pm
Well, the Butler probably sold. Called the guy back today and he said a person had put a deposit on it and was getting plane tickets. Said he would let me know on Monday though. Too bad to because the system was only a state away. Would have taken me like 5 hours to get there. Oh well. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2007 at 2:16pm
A Butler with 5000 hrs is no problem. Blowers that are used in that system can and have lasted up to 20,000 hrs when well taken care of. The most important thing to look at are the maintenance records to show you the level of care. But a unit that looks immaculate after 5000 hours of use probably has been looked after right and has many more hours of service in it left to give is you look after it as well.

Don't get hung up on the numbers. Just like a 53 year old guy can be in much better shape than a 26 year old guy that doesn't look after his health, a blower with under 1000 hours on it can be in worse shape than a blower with 5000 hours as well. And if you have to replace it in the near future? No big deal either. New ones can be purchased for $1500. Then you are good for another 10,000 to 20,000 hours. If you are making at least $100/hr with the machine, that adds up to 1 to 2 Million dollars income.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
 Post Reply Post Reply