Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cleaning porcelain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fibro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning porcelain
    Posted: 03/June/2007 at 10:30pm
I have hotel that has porcelain in its entrance. They asked me about cleaning it. The porcelain looks good the grout though is black and is supposed to be white. Anyone have any experience with this stuff what is the best way to go about this without hurting the nice shine on the porcelain.
Sponsored Links

cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2007 at 5:19pm
You can't really hurt porcelain very easily.  It is easy to clean, provided you have the right equipment and chems.  You will need atleast 800 psi (I recommend 1000 to 1200) and a good grout cleaning chem such as Klenz all or Viper Venom.  Spray your chem down, let it sit for a few minutes, then blast it with a tile cleaning tool such as an SX-12 or a Turbo.  That's it!  You can pre-scrub with a grout brush if you want.  Make sure and take your camera.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2007 at 3:21pm
The most effective product we have ever sold for cleaning porcelein and tile especially for stubborn stains and spots is Pumie Scouring Stick made by United States Pumice Company in Chatsworth, CA. 91311
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2007 at 5:37pm
Cleanaz is right on the money, another option would be vapor steam, I would still use Klenzal or Viper Venom as prespray to speed cleaning.    
cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2007 at 1:50am
Carpetologist, with all due respect why would you clean tile and grout with a pumice scrubber thingy?  We are well past that in terms of technology and the speed at which we can achieve superior results.  If a guy doesn't have the necessary tools to do the job right he can either purchase them or pass the job on to someone who knows what they are doing.  I really am not trying to be rude but rather curious as to how this product would outclean high pressure and good chems.  Or, are you saying to use your product in tandem with the hwe process?

Confused, az
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2007 at 4:54pm
Cleanaz,

You are absolutely correct if you were to use a pumice stone to clean a large area of floor you could not afford the labour. My point is that I have many calls from floor cleaners who have tried all systems on floors that have worked well, but they have a few stains left that just won't come out. So, the pumice is your answer.

Thanks for the check up.
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2007 at 9:53am
Lies
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2007 at 9:55pm
Are you a floorpro now too?

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply