Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Insulating CDS cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insulating CDS cover
    Posted: 14/May/2007 at 8:49pm
I'm going to insulate my truck for the cold winters here in Idaho but also to make it a little quieter.I have the Hydramaster CDS in my truck and so far I'm thinking I'll go with the bubble type of insulation for the truck itself.But I've heard of this stuff called Dynamat, which is a dense self sticking sound dampener.I wonder if it might not be a good idea in addition to the bubble insulation on the truck walls to glue Dynamats into the inside of the fiberglass cover of my machine.I know a locksmith here in town who uses his van as a mobile shop and it's dark blue so it should really get hot in the summer.He glued dynamats all over the walls and the roof of his van.That's all he has and he says it really cuts down on heat buildup.It's pretty expensive stuff, but if it works it might be a good way to go.   
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply