Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Carpet stinks after cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 2:06am
short???
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

cleanaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 2:56am
Hey Raf, I cleaned some bars for a few years (thank god it's over) and I might add a few clues.  Number one is the fact that there is so much crap in the carpet that bacteria growth is instintaneous with the addition of moisture.  No way to really fix this problem, especially with pad.  Second is check for other problems, or sources of water.  The house keepers who mopped the kitchen and bathrooms every night at the places I cleaned used to leave a massive amount of water on the floor.  The water would migrate to the carpeted areas just on the other side of the wall.  Needless to say I got blamed for the smell.  When the manager called to tell me she was thinking of using another carpet cleaner I wished her luck and thanked God.  After "loosing" that account, I began dropping all of the others.    No more night work, smelly waiste tank or moving tables!

az
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 9:34am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Doug reminds me of myself but of cource a much better man??...............[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Nightrider

Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 12:50pm
when you really need to know
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 2:53pm
That looks like a good book to curl up to on a cold winter night!     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2007 at 4:12pm
We could all learn something from it

The STD Meter
Fiber Sucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiber Sucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2007 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by RAF303 RAF303 wrote:

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3>Hello,

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3> </o:p>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3>I’m fairly new to the carpet cleaning, therefore I do not know all the tricks of the trade. I was wondering if some of you could help me out.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3>I cleaned carpet with rotary extractor at some club few weeks ago. The owner of the club complained that next day whole place smell like it was rotting. I’m normally using Chemspec Carpet Shampoo, and there was never a problem with the smell. Do you have any idea what is going on and why is the smell there? The only thing that comes to my mind is that my machine is not sucking up all the water from the carpet.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3> </o:p>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3>Help please!

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3> </o:p>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3>Ralph

are you using a truckmount??

cambrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cambrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 10:22pm
    I may be wrong but I do not believe that any smell would be caused from overwetting if the carpet dried in one day or less. The first thing that comes to mind for me is they may have had a water damage or overwet carpet before. When it completly dried the smell went away. When you re-wet the carpet you re-activated the smell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12