Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Cameras on duct cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cameras on duct cleaning
    Posted: 19/February/2007 at 2:41am
Just wounding how many use cameras on air duct cleaning.  If so whats a good camera, and can you see a big difference when you are done?  
Sponsored Links

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2007 at 5:38pm
One i sell is a good camera. Cobb carpet also sells a good camera system as well.
Options View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Options Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2007 at 11:50pm
I use a 900mhz B/W wireless infrared (audio/video) monitor system. This is older technology, but still sold on E-bay as Nanny Cams and with patience can be found for well under $100. They do a nice job too.

I place mine inside the duct work as close as possible to my 10" vac hose and facing directly into the exiting air stream. By carrying the monitor with me as I clean, it lets me see all of the dirt as it is leaving the system and from each duct as they are being cleaned. Once you've verified that your cleaning tools have traversed the entire length of the duct being cleaned and the picture no longer shows any dirt leaving, its a good indicator that all potentially airborne materials have been removed from that particular duct. I then use an air sweep to blow out anything heavy that maybe remaining.

The camera looks like an upside down "L" and is sold under the brands Remmington, Delstar and AVI. The 900mhz model transmits a better picture than the newer 2.4ghz models do.

Note: The cords on the a/c adapters for these break fairly easy and for longer life try taping the cord to the adapter as a means to reduce the strain at the point where it connects to the adapter. I also do the same where the connector plugs into the camera.
Duct Cleaners Supply sells a magnetic mount for this camera that works great too.

Ron
To Give Real Service You Must Add Something Which Cannot Be Bought Or Measured With Money, And That Is Sincerity And Integrity. ---Douglas Noel Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply