Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice
    Posted: 30/January/2007 at 2:35pm
    Okay, I need some real advice here from all you guys who've been using truckmounts for a long time and really know what you're talking about. I have a Cleancraft Eclipse portable unit which was supposed to be similar in pressure/lift to a truckmount. It's not a bad machine but I've had continual problems with the pump and since I use it with the hydramaster Rx-20, it is very tedious and time-consuming. I am wanting to upgrade to a truckmount, which I've never used before. Here's the issue:
I just bought a newer van last year, got it completely lettered and it's pretty nice. However, it is a Chevy Express 1500 and my understanding is that I am pretty limited on what type of tm I can put in there. I hate to get rid of the van so soon after I just bought it 8 months ago. Does anyone know if there's a GOOD truckmount that can be put in there? I don't want to switch to a tm with which there's not much difference than my Eclipse. What would you do in my situation if you had, say, $14K-$16K to spend? Would you put a new tm in this van or trade in the van and buy a used unit that may be better? We clean mostly high-end residences, no apartment complexes, restaurants, etc. so that's what we need it for. Thank you in advance for any advice you have!

Edited by Vice - 30/January/2007 at 2:52pm
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2007 at 3:09pm
A 1500 is light even for a cd as the front springs are probably to light for all the weight on the front end. You can beefu p the suspension abit but that is a bandaid solution. You may get away with just carrieing a water softener and no fresh water tanks. A 1500 is not much better than Astro van when it comes to GVW. Just a little more space. If you are in this for the longhaul and looking for a seriouc tm I would consider a heaver van. What you could is check with some of the distributors for machine specs regardin van reccommendations. I prefer 1 ton extendeds my self.
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2007 at 3:35pm
I agree with douguy on this one..one ton is the way to go.  some will tell you that 3/4 ton is more than enough, but I like to play it safe it's either 1 ton or go home for me.

If you can't get rid of your 1500 then I would say buy something light like a spitfire slide-in unit ...and use direct feed.  You will be within your limits without a fresh water tank.

a spitfire only weights 250 lbs or so
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply